Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Haynes manual talks about removing the the instrument binacle afetr removing the Dashboard 'Cap'.

Once this is removed can the bulbs be changed easily or will everything have to be removed?

Thanks
Skiddins

·
Registered
192 Posts
I had no haynes to help me with this but the cars are very simple. Take the top of the dash off and then you have 2 T40 screws on the back of the instrument panel, take these out then lift it out a bit.

You can then choose to unplug the wiring plugs or remove the bulb holders with the display tilted up and change them.

I choose the latter cos I had already whipped it out a few times and then blew the bulb I never changed (typical eh) I ahave big hands so it was fiddly but i managed.

Chris

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
T40!!???
More like T25 IIRC.

The other thing to watch out for as you lift the assembly up is that you don't lose the rubber flexi inserts that sit on the bottom of the cluster. They do tend to fall off down into the wiring mess...

Once it's out then access to all lamps is relatively straightforward. You'll also need to disconnect the hose from the APC gauge if you have one.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Maybe, on mine they are T40, massive they are. Probably dodgy as theres crosshead screws on panels which have torx on other cars. Massive heads but narrow threads.

Bit like my 17mm wheel bolt and all the rest are 19mm! lol

Still tryign to figure out what sort of car the offside wing mirror came from, not even close to a saab about a ton of silicone sealant around it as well.

Chris

1 - 4 of 4 Posts