Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In english? I recieved my intake yesterday and the instructions are in sweedish....must be an easy install. but any "hey watch out for this or that" would be most helpful.

·
Registered
374 Posts
good link, i also plan to get this for my 9-3, could you maybe post one thats of the finished install. good work!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! I will post a link in the morning with it completed and some more details (along with impresions) it was getting too dark and I was getting too tired to do it right.

·
Registered
374 Posts
looks great does it bolt up to the stock air box supports? how does it pick up now? can you feel a big differance?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes there are 3 bolts and they bolt into the OEM tabs from where the old intake box was removed. its a perfect fit. it is not a HUGE increase in pick-up....but it is enough so i don't totally regret spending the $200 bucks. The sound is nice and the decrease in tubo lag is very welcome!!! I drove around all day today and loved it,

·
Registered
374 Posts
I was wondering..do you have any other mods done to your car? or is this the first...I have SpeedParts exhaust and that intake and wider intake pipe was next on my list.thanks for the info.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This is really the first upgrade i have done..I bought the car used about a month ago, and am basically going thrugh and changing all the fluids and filters, plugs and that kind of stuff.i do like the sound alot. At first I thought i didn't care for it, and that it would be something that i would want to change after a day or so. But I drove a couple hundred miles yesterday and I like it. It lowers the whole tone of the engine to more of a low growl...but then when you roll on the turbo you hear the "woosh" of ait sucking in. I plan on adding the front steering brace kit next to smooth out the handling a bit. I would imagine that will be all I do before winter,,,then i will take a look at upgrading he exaust and maybe upgrading the engine power. Thanks for taking the time to look at my upgrade...any advice is more than welcome!!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts