Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please help.....
continuing with the engine loosing power under stress, am I correct in thinking:-

if the waste gate was stuck closed, the turbo pressure would easily go over the fuel cut off pressure level (especially as it's an LPT) causing fuel to cut off, reactivating when the pressure returns to a lower level?

This would explain the symptoms I am experiencing.

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
That could be, but hitting the fuel cutout feels like hitting a brick wall, accompanied by a thud. Hard to imagine until you experience it, but it really does feel as though your nose will contact the dashboard.

If it's more like a loss of power under heavy acceleration, then the most likely culprits are the DI cassette or plugs (if your car has DI - can't remember which model and year yours is) or a blocked fuel filter if it hasn't been changed on schedule (every 96,000 miles or so). These will usually produce a "softer" effect than fuel cutout.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Had similar problems....Dealer kept car for a week and condemned the Turbo! Took me fifteen minutes to get under car and free the seized-up wastegate.....goes like a space shuttle now! Do check the wastegate

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.