Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Anyone know what drop in fuel consumption I can expect with larger green giant injectors?
Currently getting 27.5mpg average on a tankful.
Thanks,
Andy

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
Assuming you drive the same, and the ECU is mapped for them, there should be no change in actual consumption because you will still be delivering the "correct" amount of fuel.

I think though that the EDU may have an error in the reading, which can be corrected with Tech 2.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm currently running break ( now 1900 km on the clock ) in for my rebuilt B235R engine with Maptun stage5, which uses volvo's 'green giants', and I've noticed no difference what comes to fuel comsumption ( compared to abbott stage 1 tuned std one ). ( One must notice that i've not used the full potential of the engine yet, though! )

By the way, my car is originally 9-5 2.3 LPT MY1998 sedan with MY2002 B235R and MY2003 gearbox. Whole B235R engine was rebuilt with new camshafts and JE-pistons ( Maptun stage 5 ). All the parts were balanced, and balance shaft chain & tensioner were removed. Other stage 5 parts fitted were: new clutch, stage 5 T7 software, JT 3'' exhaust with race-cat, 18T/6cm2 td04, silicone hoses ( water and charge ), bigger intake pipe, Maptune whole aluminium intercooler and JR-replacement filter, that is, the whole stage 5. ( NOTE: silicone hoses were not in stage 5 ).

I can put some experiences later after I've done the break in procedure ready. I'm going to make some mods into airbox / snorkel as well ( not done yet, but these contain larger diameter / doubled snorkel ) and put hyperboost HX dumpventil instead of 9-5 aero original.

·
Registered
3,618 Posts
Originally posted by 95power:
[qb]I'm currently running break ( now 1900 km on the clock ) in for my rebuilt B235R engine with Maptun stage5, which uses volvo's 'green giants', and I've noticed no difference what comes to fuel comsumption ( compared to abbott stage 1 tuned std one ). ( One must notice that i've not used the full potential of the engine yet, though! )

By the way, my car is originally 9-5 2.3 LPT MY1998 sedan with MY2002 B235R and MY2003 gearbox. Whole B235R engine was rebuilt with new camshafts and JE-pistons ( Maptun stage 5 ). All the parts were balanced, and balance shaft chain & tensioner were removed. Other stage 5 parts fitted were: new clutch, stage 5 T7 software, JT 3'' exhaust with race-cat, 18T/6cm2 td04, silicone hoses ( water and charge ), bigger intake pipe, Maptune whole aluminium intercooler and JR-replacement filter, that is, the whole stage 5. ( NOTE: silicone hoses were not in stage 5 ).

I can put some experiences later after I've done the break in procedure ready. I'm going to make some mods into airbox / snorkel as well ( not done yet, but these contain larger diameter / doubled snorkel ) and put hyperboost HX dumpventil instead of 9-5 aero original. [/qb][/b]
Sounds Fantastic!

·
Registered
8 Posts
What is the Bosch part number for those Volvo green injectors? What are they rated as? Which model Volvo do they come from?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Originally posted by geekypimp:
[qb]What is the Bosch part number for those Volvo green injectors?  What are they rated as?  Which model Volvo do they come from? [/qb][/b]
Bosch number is 0280 155 968. Flow is appr. 465,2 cc/min @ 3,8 bar, that is, appr. 435 cc @ 3 bar.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Something of a bargain to be had here, wish I'd known about them prior to already ordering mine
<a href="http://www.uksaabs.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=925" target="_blank">
green giants</a>

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
I think though that the EDU may have an error in the reading, which can be corrected with Tech 2.  [/b]
sorry ...mine is still reading 60 mpg..
we tried to alter the calibration with tech 2 ..no joy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts