Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The little in dash display showing MPG on my "new" 9000 seems to be running at max brightness all the time... which made it a bit bright driving home last night.

Any ideas?

Steve

·
Registered
753 Posts
That bit of the display isnt affected by the variable brightness.

You can turn it off by holding down the R and INFO buttons for 4 secs I think.

Pressing either brings it back, and I believe it keeps doing the average mpg etc. during that time.

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The in dash display should automatically vary its brightness based on the amount of light in the cabin - the sensor in the clock module should control it... I was wondering if people knew how to test it and how easy it is to replace.

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Now this gets odder. The display varies its brightness during the day no problem at all BUT when I turn the lights on it jumps to high brightness... unless I turn the dash lights right down in which case it dims down and if I shine a light onto the sensor it brightens up again.... so I think its time to take the clock apart and look for light leaking onto the light sensor

·
Registered
5,925 Posts
ian - I can't see mine either. Could be the bulbs. THought this was pure LED, but apparently there are bulbs in there - if you shine a torch on the display, and you can make out the display figures, then it is just the bulbs.

Must admit I've not got round to trying this myself yet!

Kevin Mc

1 - 8 of 8 Posts