Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I had my wonderful 1992 SAAB 9000 Turbo get in a major collision here in Boston on Storrow drive which is a very curvy road and on a torrential rainy day it can cause bad things like this to happen.

Basically my car front bonnet/hood ran head first into a railing or wall.

The front compartment like the hoods, light, etc are to detached to be salvaged

Almost nothing on the inside has been damaged, only the steering wheel because of the air bag.

I know my car would be way to expensive to repair but being a thrifty person I would like to know which parts I could extract from the interior and maybe the bottom that I could salvage or perhaps sell to another needy person because other than the front most of the inside is perfect, radio/stereo works, sun roof, even horn, but it can't drive because the engine must be cursed now

So if you guys/gals have any suggestions and what simple tools to bring to extract the parts I would be quite happy.

The car is fully my own by the way. THANKS

·
Registered
305 Posts
Jonniex:

Ouch! It really hurts to see your beloved Saab in that condition?

I would suggest pulling the seats, radio, dash,
passenger airbag(if it has one), door panels(even doors)and any electrical switiches you can get.

Underside, I would get the tranny, starter, and turbo(if so fitted) Pull any tires and wheels that are salvageable, including your spare.
Mirror as well.

Think in terms of what parts you would buy if you were going to replace major components on your car.

For the interior, a good set of metric sockets and screwdrivers will do the job.

For the exterior, good sockets and some help will get you there.

I am forgetting other components, but I am sure the fine ladies and gentlemen at Saabscene will fill in the blanks.

Good Luck!!

wherewolfe

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What tools specifically do I need. I will go to an auto body shop to get them

How do I extract all the switchs like the seat heater swich, etc.

I know the stereo system has a special tool you need to extract it where can I get it??

THANKS!

·
Registered
778 Posts
Hi Jonniex,
The 3 spoke Aero wheels bring big $'s, if they're in good condition.....there are many OG900 and 9000 drivers who would pay a good deal to have them. There are also many ancillaries that are worthwhile saving: AC compressor, DI cartridge, alternator, starter, BPC solenoid, etc., etc. Just curious: what color was your '92?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.