Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have been having a few problems with 1995 9000 2.3 cse and i have been folowing several messages on your great site.
I want to replace my vacuum hoses and possibly replace the APC with an MBC and i might also replace the dump valve with one of the forge recirc ones.
Now the questions.
Where can i find a daigram showing all the vacuum hose locations and do any have special (awkward)ends or fittings?
Does anyone have photos of fitting an MBC and if anyone has used a forge recirc type dump valve with success, which one was (order number)it? as they list a few under their SAAB section.
Any advice will ge greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Hi nik.

The vacuum hoses aren't too difficult to do, just trace them around as you do them. There aren't any special ends, they all push on. The only things to note are; the one way valve beside the cam cover really must go back on the way it came off, otherwise the turbo will slowly pressurise the sump forcing oil up and out of the filler pipe (and I should know
) and the Y piece, that joins a couple of the pipes together by the intake pipe (large aluminum pipe that goes up to the throttle body), can be brittle and split while you're trying to press the new pipe on.

The pipe between intake manifold and MAP sensor is of a special material and exact length do not replace this pipe it isn't the same!

The standard Saab recirculating dump valve is fine for many applications, including modified engines, use a nice shiny one if you have to but it won't be any better IMHO.

Sorry, havn't any photos' of my MBC installation (it's not that pretty anyhow!) but do a search of the 9000 forum for MBC and see what it throws up, it's al been talked to death many times before!

Nick.

·
Registered
243 Posts
hi NIK
regarding the MBC valve , there are 3 pipes coming of it, one at the bottom and two on tne sides
if you look at the pipes going to your apc they will have little letters stamped on them ( c , w ,& r )
the pipe that is stamped with an "R" goes on the bottom pipe
the pipe stamped with a "C" goes on the left hand stud
the pipe marked with a "W" goes on the right hand stub
when you have fitted it , turn the knurled nut at the top full home so that it shuts the valve,
Then open the knurled nut one full turn,
if this doesn't give enough boost then keep adjusting it BUT only adjust it by half a turn at a time, when you get to the boost you want then tighten the grub screw to hold it at that setting
p.s dont forget to disconnect the electrical connection to the apc!!!!

if you understand this then fine
if not PM me with your address and i will photocopy the sheet i have
HTH
mark

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
One other question about the MBC.
Does it mount onto something or have you just cable tied it one to something.
Being a DT teacher in a private college i have good access to lathes and machining facilities if you know what i mean!!!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Originally posted by marks carlsson:
p.s dont forget to disconnect the electrical connection to the apc!!!!  
     :fawlty:  
if you understand this then fine
if not PM me with your address and i will photocopy the sheet i have
HTH
mark  
 [/QB][/b]
My 2.3FPT has had an Abbott bleed valve fitted; one of these things:
Should I unplug it, or leave as is?
Cheers,
Tim.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.