Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, yesterday we went at the saab dealer where I've made my car repared. It was 400 km from home , in another country ( Nederlands, nerer sweden anyway ). Remember my last post " engine breaks terribly ".
They have changed the engine block for a old one as the bloc B 202 Is no longer produced by Saab. This adventure costs me preicisely around 4000,00 USD, for a saab 9000 Turbo 16 88'.
I've to make the trip back home, so, I have had a real try of the car. The engine seemed to be more recent as I could see difference between the polished metal aspect of the block and the pipes. The car goes correctly fast, I've only been around 200 km/h already, but as I was in a trafic jam, I can see that the engine didn't get hot at all, as the one I had was always heating a lot. The turbo doesn't boost as heavy as before, but the engine runs pretty smooth when I put it in charge. They also change the turbo for a new one, fit a new clutch disk.....
I was a bit afraid, as I gave them a car with the engine compariment clean, as clean as I can. When theey gave it back, everything was dirty. Like if the car never have been cleaned before. There's a bolt missing on the plastic part in the rear of the bonnet, at the right side. anyway
I think they have done a good job.
Next step, I've baught a hooter valve, the performance one at eeuroparts.com, so , I will put it on it as soon as possible, and I baught too zimmerman cross drilled rotors, for the front and the rear, and textar pads. What do you think about those disks and pads, have you a suggestion on the way to do things correctly ? I don't want to make a mistake, as I've never done that on this car.. Where can I find silicone hoses ? sorry, but I'm new here,

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Good to hear the car is running fine

You can get Samco silicon hose in France from Jacquemin Tuning 5 or 6 metres of the 4mm hose would bo it. (SAAB rubber hose is 3mm but Samco's 3mm hose is closer to 2mm and a very tight fit: their 4mm hose is about right).

I don't have any experience of Zimmerman rotors but Textar make the pads for SAAB so they should be pretty good.

Is your new "hooter" valve atmospheric or recirculating?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've been lookink at the shop you tell me. They have many products to sell. Especially the dump valve. What's the différence between the recirculating and the atmospheric ones ? Thank you for answering, really. I've got ot buy the hoses anyway, so I will follow your advice. I tell you more next time ! see you soon. thanks again, steven.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts