Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Scaero Owner helped me out with the main headlamp illumination. Wonder if some good hearted fellow could help me out with the illumination lights for the seat heat switches. were are they and how do you change the lamps

·
Registered
330 Posts
Gelcoat,
Looks like your are on a mission to get the dash to light up like blackpool (but it does look so much better that way). The bulbs are integral in the switch housing, i've tried to get into my passanger side switch housing but no joy.
BTW does the seat with the unlit bulb actually heat up on yours? mine never have,when the bulbs have gone.
G

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Gelcoat,

if you take the switch out, you can remove the top 3/4 inch section with a bit of a fiddle.

under there is a small inverted y shaped piece of pcb with a capless bulb under a green rubber sheath soldered in (about 12v 60ma).

Takes 5 mind to fix one (as long as you soldering iron is hot)

Andrew

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok maties, everything is solved, replaced the main light illumination lamp as per Scaero's instructions and guess what! Blackpool illuminations. it seems that the dash lights are wired in series, wierd, it would have been more logical to have them parallel then only one would go at a time. Thinking about it though, more money to Saab dealers to go through each lamp in turn. just like christmas lights. only a lot more expensive.

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
The dash lights are not wired in series (or they wouldn't be 12v bulbs), and one failing would kill the lot makijg it a bu99er to find the failed one (xmas lights anyone?).

More likely that there was a poor connection somewhere and you've disturbed it or yur rolled the dash dimmer switch without realising it (or maybe that had the poor connections as that is what you've disturbed by doing the headlight switch.

Andrew

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry Scaero but they are definately in series on mine, I decided to get the trusty digital out. but also if I remove the new bulb the seat, dimmer and headlamp switches do not illuminate, neither do the fog, rear wiper buttons, put it back in and hey presto Blackpool again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.