Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
I foolishly managed to pull out all the connectors from the plug at the base of the ignition switch and now have no idea how they go back together, it is the square type plug on a 1991 9000s 2.3 auto.
If someone has some knowledge in this area I'd sure appreciate some help as the haynes manual doesn't have enough information.
Just don't ask how it happened!
thanks.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Don't know if this will help, but I have a schematic for a US '92 which should be similar. There should be pin numbers on the back of the switch, but on my schematics the front of the switch is positioned like a clock with various pin numbers at various hour positions:
pin C1 - a grey wire at 6 o'clock
pin 8 - a green wire at 4:30
pin 54 - a grey/white wire @ 3 o'clock
pin 15 - a green/white wire @ 2 o'clock
pins (2) 30 - a grey wire at 11 and 1 o'clock
pin X - a red wire at 10 o'clock
pin 50 - yellow/white @ 9 o'clock
pin C - black wire @ 7 o'clock

Obviously, those aren't pin numbers but power supply sub system numbers and letters and the schematics lists the following positions:
30-8 Lock, Park, Drive, Test, & Start position
30-X Park, Drive, Test, & Start
30-15 Drive, Test, & Start
30-54 Drive
30-50 Start
C-C1 Test

Hope it helps!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks robert,
As you said not exactly the same but similar enough to work out the rest,all up and running now thanks again mate.

Incidently I don't suppose you know how to wire in remote central locking?
I have tried connecting to the drivers door connections but it won't work properly.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Glad I could help you out Blueguy. Have no clue about remote cental locking but I may have some schematics about, somewhere, that cover the central locking on US '92's - let me know if you want copies: I can take digi-photos and email them to ya.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.