Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an intermittent fault where the starter motor does not turn the engine over. An error message shows saying steering lock fault and if the engine does eventually start neither headlamps or indicators work. If on removing the key there is no audible click I know the engine will not start at the next attempt. Multiple key turns then does usually result in success. There is a slight click from a relay behind the fuse box in the passenger door hinger area and perhaps this is faulty, before dismantling the glove box to investigate does anyone have a suggestion on how to fix/troubleshoot further.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an intermittent fault where the starter motor does not turn the engine over. An error message shows saying steering lock fault and if the engine does eventually start neither headlamps or indicators work. If on removing the key there is no audible click I know the engine will not start at the next attempt. Multiple key turns then does usually result in success. There is a slight click from a relay behind the fuse box in the passenger door hinger area and perhaps this is faulty, before dismantling the glove box to investigate does anyone have a suggestion on how to fix/troubleshoot further.
I have a 2009 Saab 9x SUB I am having a similar problem, when i turn key nothing happens, does not crank, called for tow, when i took it to a mechanic, he tried to start it, and Walla it started, Now what is happening now is a/b light is coming on now, I think i know why Saab is out of business, Because their engineers are a bunch of idiots. this car runs like a dream, I have this car about 1 year, The dealer i bought it from has since replaced Tranny, air cond, and a few other minor problems, at no charge, was fine for a 10 months, I am afraid to drive it for fear of getting stuck again, My mechanic wants $800. to repair a/b problem and install a starter. Now you got me thinking that my mechanic is ripping me off, after reading your post,. Rocco Locascio [email protected] Islip NY

1 - 3 of 3 Posts