Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I have the coolest '93 SAAB 9000 CSE

It has been working fine except for some reason today when I put the keys in the ignition it won't start.

The keys get locked in the ignition and its almost as if I were putting the wrong keys in my car except I know I am using the right keys because I can lock/unlock my doors.

What could be causing this?? Could it be a fuse blown?

·
Registered
552 Posts
When you say the keys get locked in the ignition, do you mean that they go in easily but won't turn?

If so, it could be the steering lock - try turning the wheel from side to side whilst turning the key, see if that helps.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Agreed with DaveS...especially if this has just happened. If it were the iginition, I would suspect the problem to start out gradually and then go full blown.

Make sure the steering wheel and car wheels are straight when you turn off the ignition.

So times, if you turn the wheel too far to the right or left and turn off the ignition, there is no "free play" for the wheel to easily release when you put the key in the ignition and it feels like the wheel is locked up.

Good to hear from you Jonniex. If the above doesn't work, let us know.

wherewolfe

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.