Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
not had my 93 long, nothing wrong wih the car at all just thinking of going back to a impreza.

anyway as saab are no longer in business as such with this effect selling the car?
and
how much is my car worth?

details of my car are:

06 plate 2.8 v6 turbo saab 9-3 aero in black
milage is 63k mile with stamped history
all the toys, everything electric
paddle shift/ triptronic/ auto box
silver gray leather interior
18" merc replica alloys need refurb
remapped
dark tint rear windows
xenon headlights
tax and motd till end of june

ps if anyone is interested in it give me a shout.

·
Premium Member
5,133 Posts
saab as a car manufacture is no longer in business,the parts side of things was a separate company & not affected per se,all though new contracts have had to have been done with manufactures to supply parts..which has caused a certain parts backorder situation..

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I no all that, but lots of people dont to buy a car from a company that dont exist, and this as i believe also has an impact on the sale of a saab, thats why i was asking how much my car is currently worth

·
Registered
163 Posts
About 2 weeks depreciation less than your last thread... Just shy of 5k should get rid of it.

I'd put it in eBay with no reserve.

Saying that, I think the wheels and super dark tints will put people off as it looks 'modified' I always look for standard lookin cars.

·
Banned
1,316 Posts
Here is my earlier reply to someone else who was asking a similar question recently:

Has Saab's bankruptcy really had a significant impact on used car prices?
Yes, it's utterly inevitable, and in fact started many months ago, given how long the saga went on for. As soon as Saab halted production a year ago because suppliers weren't being paid, dealers had to heavilly discount their existing stock because customers were expressing concerns about the possibility of bankruptcy and the impact that would have on warranties. Add in the the fact that without the factory and importers there is no one supporting the brand with continuing marketing efforts, the fact that many dealers have closed hence making it harder to find somewhere to perform servicing knowledgeably, worries about parts supplies (founded or unfounded), no one is developing fixes for known issues on cars already built, and no one is organising closed-auction sales of cars from the big fleets which ensure that only main dealers get the majority of the used vehicles in the market and hence they can control prices and reduce depreciation. Add all that together and you'll see that prices are only heading in one direction.

Of course, some people will argue against that out of brand loyalty, but the factors above are nothing to do with the quality of the cars, it is to do with the management of the brand and market supply.
Add to that the fact that you're selling a car with a fairly large and thirsty engine, at a time when fuel prices are at record levels, and you have a situation where you will have to price your car quite keenly to ensure a timely sale.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I just got rid of mine! You may have to take a bit less than that... Not much, though.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Now the parts problems have settled down and plenty of experts out there to service and repair, certain models offer a heck of a lot for not a lot of money.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts