Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody give me some advise on IC replacements on a Viggen? I quick search pointed towards either an Abbott High Flow IC kit for 495 pounds, or a Speedparts version for 648 (at elkparts). Has anyone experience with these IC's with regard to performance increase? (Abbott claims a 12bhp power increase!)

·
Registered
11,343 Posts
Vigge has been performed an intercooler upgrade on his Viggen - a search might reveal some info - or he might be able to tell you more, here

NB: Hanm - love the photo of your Viggen in the Saab forecourt - best alloys IMO

·
Registered
288 Posts
Originally posted by Hanm:
[qb]Can anybody give me some advise on IC replacements on a Viggen? I quick search pointed towards either an Abbott High Flow IC kit for 495 pounds, or a Speedparts version for 648 (at elkparts). Has anyone experience with these IC's with regard to performance increase? (Abbott claims a 12bhp power increase!) [/qb][/b]
The conversation can be found here among with my dyno sheet before and after custom IC install.
conversation?

Direct link to project photos
IC Photos

IMHO I think that all the after market IC's for viggens are a rip off. I paid about 250 pounds (450Eur) for my custom IC!

·
Registered
288 Posts
Originally posted by SpeekTuning:
[qb]hello Hans-Martin,

There is someone at the Saab Turbo Club of Sweden, who offers home-made IC's for our cars.

I think his name is "magnus....." here's a link to the forum:

http://forum.saabturboclub.com  

regards,

Sander

questions? ---> [email protected] [/qb][/b]
Here is some more info about that issue
Cellpaketen har måtten 560x190x86mm. Och IC:n är i princip "bolt-on" på Saab 900/9-3.
Dock måste man kapa lite i kofångarbalken vid gavlarna på IC:n för att den ska få plats.
Har man en 900NG eller en 9-3 utan crossflow IC behöver man slangen mellan turbon och IC:n samt mellan IC:n och insugsröret. Den sistnämna slangen går även att skarva så att den räcker fram.

Priset för IC:n är 5000kr, varav jag vill ha hälften i förskott.
Kommer beställa cellpaketen på tisdag nästa vecka.

Bilder på hur IC:n ser ut finns här:
http://hem.tyfon.net/wa0353/Saab/Pontus/  

/Magnus
0155-289927
070-7300683[/b]
And same in english
This IC is basically a plug and play to 9-3 cars.
Some slight modifations needs to be made in order for the end tanks to fit. If the car is not equipped with x-flow you must also change the piping between turbo-IC and IC-manifold. The second one is possible to modify from stock pipe if you like.

Prize is (was) 550Eur.

Contact magnus for more info, I dont know who he is. He writes to STCS under nick "Magnus 2074"

·
Registered
348 Posts
Hi,

just wanted to chime in and tell you that I have the same IC that Vigge uses in my Heuschmid Viggen Cannot tell if there is a difference yet as I have to drive in the new engine real gentle for the first 3000 miles

Yours,

Philip

1 - 7 of 7 Posts