Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well! its happened.My first major prob' with the Carly. I've got water in the footwell ( probably on the brain too ).
. Anyone got a systematic check list of what to look for and where?. . Had the car 12 months now and although we've had plenty of heavy downpours no sign of a leak. . Where I park is on an upgrade and most times the car faces up it. Help! please.

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
My first 9000 collected water in the passenger footwell. The problem was caused by the fact that the windscreen wiper motor assembly had be replaced but they hadn't sealed the area where the assembly bolts onto the body shell. Check around that area and if it's reasonable dry (at the time) seal it up with some silicone sealant, that fixed my leak anyway.

Other than that check your windscreen is properly sealed and check for water inside the glove box, it could be getting in through the blower ducts.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Guys, I had discounted the sunroof as the water only collected in the driver side footwell. Could be the wiper motor bit or the false bulkhead drains.Not checked the water yet ( silly me )will do asap. I think overall it is bulkhesad or wiper. I'll let you know.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all,

I just found here on this forum, my problem - wet floor. My 9000i is with the steering wheel on the left side. The left side is wet, driver and also, a bit in the rear.

My question is a simple one:
- what is "the false bulkhead drains"?

Please, describe.

Thanx & regards

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
If you remove the cover of the false bulkhead, where the wiper arms are attached to the spindles,there is a drain in the centre to allow water to escape.It comes out above the rack and is rubber. Poke wire down and push all the muck out, could well be full of old leaves, mud or allsorts.

Neil

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.