Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm finding it increasngly difficult to release the clutch smoothly without getting a clunk. I've also noticed that on lifting off the accelerator the car will also judder, the gearstick wobbles when it does this.

I told Mark E about this at the PE day, he reckons it could be the hydraulic mounts. I know Bill's site saab9000.com shows you how to do these, but I'm too chicken/lazy to do it myself. Has anyone had this job done professionally and if so what's the wallet damage like? The cars due in to Highgate next Friday to have the oil leak checked out. I may ask theme to order the bits in to do the mounts, but I'm a bit concerned about getting the car back in time for the Tamworth meet on the Sunday.

Advice please?

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
Jason,

Although the labour isn't too bad (1-1½ hrs IIRC)I'm afraid the mounts themselves are pretty expensive- circa £150.

I'd ask Highgate to investigate the problem whilst it's with them and see what they say and if it is indeed the mounts, I'd find a decent indy, and consider a S/H mount.

Good luck!

·
Registered
330 Posts
For the price of aftermarket mounts from people such as German Swedish/ecp £50>60, i wouldn't bother with s/hand parts,also i would check the top engine mounts (unless you have poly ones fitted ) and also the gearshift joint (4 bolt rubber block) between the bulkhead/transmission
Happy mounting
G.

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by BillJ:
[qb]I bought mounts from Neo Brothers at around £60 each for my Aero. About two years and 40K miles down the road, they're still going strong. For half that time I've been running silly power and torque. [/qb][/b]
I'm guessing it's my big fat torque peak at around 2500rpm which has seen off one or more mounts.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
While the car is in for some work, I would reinforce gilberts idea of having the gearshift block looked at, as this has a major effect upon the quality of the gearchange.
As you say Jase, the hydraulic mounts along with the top mounts might be best replaced, but its' worth it.
Nick.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.