Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had a very slow leak on my 1992 vert 900s auto for a year now, previous attempts to isolate it proved fruitless; however, on my recent trip to France I was having to top up a bit too much (nothing to do with those lovely open french motorways
and so spent a couple of hours adopting a forensic approach to the spray pattern and voila! On the 'backside' of the hose that connects the radiator to somewhere near the compressor there is a slight 'blemish/tear'. It looks like the hose retainer about 10" along from the radiator ( a thin strip of metal) may have been rubbing. There's no question that's where the leak is coming from as I cleaned up the previous spray pattern, and it's there again but much more localised and proves this 'tear' is the culprit. Two questions - can I effect a temporary repair? If so - what? Second question - anyone know the part number? It's the long hose that comes (or goes) from the bottom left of the radiator (same side as the coolant reservoir) runs along the bottom of the engine block, and then a 90'' bend upwards and into the top of the block below the compressor. It looks easy enough to fit at the radiator bit but more tricky at the other end. Hope I've described it well enough. Thanks Ez

·
Registered
4,626 Posts
Can't remember the bore, but I have effected repairs before by cutting the hose and sleeving it inside with appropriately sized tubing. Alternatively, try one of the SAAB heated washer jacket thingies. They're designed to go onthe top hose, but hey, if it fits.....

Turbo version: 4029849 about £60 + VAT

Non-turbo: 7512817 about £33 plus VAT (Doesn't have the bleed for the turbocharger)

Did you get your mirror issue sorted out?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks TB

I'll probably go for a replacement and get it fitted same time I flush through the coolant system/radiator etc. No, still mirrorless; proving quite hard to track one down at mo but have to admit haven't had too much time to hunt. Have been enjoying the top down weather though.....
Ez

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.