Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wont drag this on about dump valves again, but just say this one thing.
I put a Bailey twin piston non rec valve (dv26)on yesterday and it still wouldnt iddle good.
Well initialy yes but once driving even when changing gears the car nearly stalled twice.
Drivers said the didnt know why as this was designed to run specifically for cars with amm's,well not this one.I'll give Abbotts a call and see what they say,but like the boy's at Drivers I'm miffed too.
Could they have ordered a s/p valve by mistake,becuase it ran just the same as when I tried the s/p valve a week or ago.
Oh well,such is life.

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
Originally posted by Saab1:
[qb].
Well initialy yes but once driving even when changing gears the car nearly stalled twice.
[/qb][/b]
I would guess this is being caused by the fact that having metered the air you are now dumping on gearchanges, the ECU is trying to supply adequate fuelling for it and consequently the mixture ends up waaaaaaay to rich and as a result won't burn properly...

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Mark.......So I guess this d/v is no use either,will I have to stick to the proper rec valve then.
I must admit I liked the whooosh,although maybe through time I would get fed up with it,who knows.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have found the same thing with my Baileys fitted. Although at the mo I am convinced that it is the sparky's making me stall. I have fitted a non return valve to try putting more air into the system as the dump valve dumps it. I will let you know if it works.

Dan,

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Iv'e just spoke to Giles at Abbotts and yep he said a big NO! to the Bailley DV26.
it just wont work with the amm just stick to the rec valve.
If I do get another one I'll get it from Abbots.

Like you also said Mark it runs toooo rich on overun.

·
Registered
54 Posts
My son has a 9000 2.3 Carlsson
we tried the Abbot Dump valve and had exactly the same problems

The car is now running perfectly with a Bailey twin piston atmosphere dump valve

BUT you need to take the Vacuum from the valve on the osf at the bulkhead

Good Luck

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by southendsteve:
[qb]My son has a 9000 2.3 Carlsson
we tried the Abbot Dump valve and had exactly the same problems

The car is now running perfectly with a Bailey twin piston atmosphere dump valve

BUT you need to take the Vacuum from the valve on the osf at the bulkhead

Good Luck [/qb][/b]
Steve......If you mean the little black pipe coming from the left side top at the injection,it was connected to the d/v,but the car still iddle'd like s**t.

·
Registered
3,618 Posts
Running the Forge recirculating dump valve on my AMM equipped 92' 9000.. absolutely no problems.

p.s. you still get the woosh (especially if you are running with a performance airfilter) as air is diverted.. it's just not as loud.

·
Registered
54 Posts
No mate on the carly there is a lot of pipework and there is a valve on the bulkhead. Dont know what you are running.
I noticed that others are talking about Abbott and Forge I think they are one and the same cos mine on my 98CS looks verrrry Forge.
Does that make me sad.. at 50 years old having an atmosphere dump valve running 300BHP??
Answers on a postcard please.

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
Originally posted by MarkA:
[qb]it's just not as loud. [/qb][/b]
I think that depends on how much boost you have and whether you have modified the airbox. While driving with the windows open the other evening listening for CV joint noise, I was amazed at how loud the Forge recirculating valve was. Too loud for my liking, although I'm not really into noise. I'd rather have a quiet car that goes like stink.

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
Originally posted by Leon (9-5 stg2):
[qb]I beleive the Abbott and Forge valve are the same, except one is about 60% cheaper than the other  
       [/qb][/b]
Indeed, although I believe the black anodised version is only available from Abbott. While I'd have preferred the black one, there was no way I was paying that much extra for the same valve.

I bought mine from Elkparts.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Originally posted by southendsteve:
[qb]No mate on the carly there is a lot of pipework and there is a valve on the bulkhead. Dont know what you are running.
I noticed that others are talking about Abbott and Forge I think they are one and the same cos mine on my 98CS looks verrrry Forge.
Does that make me sad.. at 50 years old having an atmosphere dump valve running 300BHP??
Answers on a postcard please. [/qb][/b]
Hi Steve

I'm running a totaly standard (just now that is) k reg 2.0 lpt man, a [expletive deleted] cat compared to yours.
I'd been trying the twin piston jobby on mine the non rec,and blanking the bottom hose of (and yes it was blanked off air tight,before anyone says ).
I was told by quite a few folk in the car buisiness Drivers just to name 1!,"oh yes that'll work fine,your car will iddle fine",******** to them all! no it didn't.
I was using a bailley dv 26,but I think now I'll just concentrate on some serious tuning work.Dump valves who needs them anyway,just for all you jumped up boy racers out there,wwwwwhhhhhhhhhooooooooooooooooooosssssssssshhhhhhhhhhh,u all no hoo u r,

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.