Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have bought a 2nd hand front centre armrest, but am a bit stuck how to mount it:

I can feel under the carpet & there are 2 slots each side which correspond to the screw holes in the mount bracket, but should there be some sort of captive nut in these slots?

Does the mount bracket fit over the carpet, or are there slots cut which allow the ends and the mount bolts to be concealed?

I want to be sure before I start hacking the carpet.

Ta

Steve

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
Yes, you can buy captive nuts and the bolts to go with them as a kit - they are not fitted unless the car has an armrest. Being from Saab, they'll be a bit more expensive than you think they should be, but it won't break the bank. I fitted one to my CSE auto. The nuts slot through the holes and in behind, held by a clip that is part of the nut. The "longer" bit of the nut points upwards. You'll know what I mean when you see them.

·
Registered
945 Posts
I have still got a leather Interior (with Electric drivers seat and memory) and that comes with a centre arm rest in grey leather as well. If anyone if looking to add an arm rest to there car and gain a nice set of seats as well, they know who to mail!!!!!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for info - not having seen an armrest in place, should it fit through the carpet?

Although the bracket is a bit agricultural, I think it is worth having. For info, it seems to fit in place fine with Aero seats.

Steve

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
Yes, you need to cut the carpet and slip teh mounting bracket inside. The armrest I fitted to teh CSE was the one I took out of my Aero, so I would expect it to fit between the seats without problems. I thought all Aeros came with an armrest, although I don't like them myself (I only fitted it to the CSE because it's an auto and because my dad will be driving it and he wanted one).

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
Bill,
Don't think Aero's came with the centre armrest as standard....all the Aero's I looked at before I bought mine didn't have one fitted. With the wider seats on the Aero the centre armrests don't fit between the seats properly, so I belive it was only a dealer fit accessory.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts