Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Is there any way to lift both rear wheels off the ground at the same time with a car jack on a 2008-2011 9-3 TTiD? I want to jack it up so I could put two jack stands under the rear hoist adapter contact points.
In my case the rear Floor Jack Lift Point is blocked by exhaust pipes - TTiD has two exhausts in the rear. There's no way to access that point without squashing the pipes and I'm unsure to jack any other points in the area.
lift points.png
Found some similar threads out there, but none seemed to answer my question.
Hope anyone here has some tips.

·
Super Moderator
2,959 Posts
The way I normally do it is Jack up each side in turn and place axel stand under each trailing arm in turn . making sure you chock the front wheels safety first .

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You mean that you start by jacking up front right side for example, then place a stand under rear right side jack stand point. Remove the car jack and repeat on left side?
I was worried that in doing so the jack stand might end up not straight.

·
Super Moderator
2,959 Posts
If you are working on the rear you jack up either rear left or right first then axel stand that side then repeat the same process on other side .I would recommend using a trolley jack .on the jacking blocks as that's the correct jacking area .if you use any other method then the onus is on you .as safety is paramount .but always chock the front wheels for safety so that the car dose not creap forward

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think we use different terms, but we're talking about the same thing.
Thanks, I'll give it a go this weekend.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts