Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the roofs looking tied and it needs a good wash? Worse still you've got some leaking in the main cabin or maybe in the boot? then it's probably time to clean and re-proof the hood, but what's the best way of doing it? Surprisingly there wasn't much on YouTube or elsewhere until I found this little website that gives a complete newbie a step-by-step guide to do the job from scratch -http://www.carcleaningguru.com/convertible-top-cleaning-video-tutorial/ Once you've taken the plunge and fully cleaned the roof, the next step is to re-proof. You can use renovo but I used Fabsil with a UV protector. This product has a great reputation and you can pick it up from Amazon for £25 for 5L. Just brush it on evenly and allow to dry off, ideally when it's dry overnight and not forecast to rain. Do this once a year, the hood looks great for the summer and you avoid paying £1000 for a new one! Just one further tip - don't drip the fabsil onto the drive or grass, as it stains somewhat and kills grass - put some paper down or an old towel. Good luck!

·
Registered
284 Posts
lol, you posted this where the top thread in the section was what to use to clean and protect your roof giving the products to use.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Make sure to use very little of the Fabsil -I was a bit over generous with it the first time I used it and it can soak through leaving white powdery (silicone) deposits on the head lining.
Easily removed with a damp cloth later but extra hassle.
Great product but you only need about 1L for each yearly application...........

·
Registered
42 Posts
That is why before apply a new product over all the surface, do make sure to do a test spot so that you can observe the effect and out come of the product.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts