Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

The car is running fine except that I think it is becoming a bit flat under acceleration, when I first got it you could feel when turbo kicked in.

Maybe I am just getting use to the car after having it 5 years ?

Car is 94 2.0cse lpt

Was going to start working my way through apc solenoid, d/v and wastgate actuator. Have checked all pipes and found no probs.

I have checked APC solenoid disconnected, and blowing through C you get air from W and blowing through W you get air through C blowing through R and you get nothing.

As always all help welcome

TIA Haggag01

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
I have just replaced the APC on my GM900T having fitted a boost gauge and only getting base boost. You could try running with the APC diconnected and see if you can feel any difference. To check the solenoid put a meter across the middle and check each outside pin - it should read 3 ohms plus or minus 1 - if one has gone open circuit is will soon show.

Mike

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks locosaab, after reading some other topics, I disconnected the W pipe and proceeded with caution, most disappointing, the fuel cut-off kicked in very quickly the rpm was only just past 2500 when the fuel cut off and the seatbelt gripped hard. I would have thought fuel cut-off would have been higher ?

Haggag01

·
Registered
430 Posts
The cut off switch is activated by inlet manifold pressure and I think the ECO turbos spool up quite quickly and develop enough boost to activate the cut off at relatively low revs.

I've recently had exactly the same poblems as you lately, trying to find out if the APC solenoid was working. Given that my car was going in for service earlier in the week I just asked the Saab mechanic to check boost pressure. He confirmed that I only had base boost & by substituting the APC solenoid for a new he discovered the old one was shot.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i checked the apc solenoid coils with the old "fluke" meter and they both read 3.0 ohms exactly.

People talk about the solenoid buzzing when ignition is switched on but I do not see/hear this.

I also checked the wastgate actuator and it is fine (i.e. attatched and requires force to move it)..

Was back out yesterday and again the aceleration just seems flat from 1500 all the way to 4500.

HTH Haggag01

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
checked voltage had 12v dc at centre pin also managed to hear solenoid buzzing, I think I am just getting use to the car, need to get finger out !! fit intercooler then order maptun stage 1.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.