Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello chaps, I fancy having a go at replacing the diesel filter on my 125BHP 2.2 tid. The Haynes manual isn't very clear. Is there any no nonsense advice from somone who knows how to do it? Any do's and don'ts. Many thanks.

·
Registered
605 Posts
- (optional) lift the rear right end of the car
- push the filter housing upwards to release it from holder, then (gently) pull downwards. Be careful with the cable on top - disconnect it before it breaks ;)
- squeeze the fuel lines with appropriate tools OR work fast as some fuel leakage will occur
- note the position of cover, regarding the rest of the housing
- remove the long screw going through the whole assembly. At this point you should really have a suitable container for spilled fuel at hand
- remove the cover, filter element, gasket in groove on the housing and small gasket on screw pass-through. Leave as much fuel as possible in the housing in order to reduce cranking time at first start
- insert new filter and gaskets, assemble, connect the cable and put the whole thing back to where it belongs
- be prepared for long cranking time, because the fuel pump (in engine bay) has to pull diesel from tank to the engine. Don't have other major power consumers turned on (radio, headlights,...), especially with a bad battery
- inspect for leaks

Last but not least: do some search; I'm sure there were instructions with pictures somewhere on that board...

·
Registered
18 Posts
- (optional) lift the rear right end of the car
- push the filter housing upwards to release it from holder, then (gently) pull downwards. Be careful with the cable on top - disconnect it before it breaks ;)
- squeeze the fuel lines with appropriate tools OR work fast as some fuel leakage will occur
- note the position of cover, regarding the rest of the housing
- remove the long screw going through the whole assembly. At this point you should really have a suitable container for spilled fuel at hand
- remove the cover, filter element, gasket in groove on the housing and small gasket on screw pass-through. Leave as much fuel as possible in the housing in order to reduce cranking time at first start
- insert new filter and gaskets, assemble, connect the cable and put the whole thing back to where it belongs
- be prepared for long cranking time, because the fuel pump (in engine bay) has to pull diesel from tank to the engine. Don't have other major power consumers turned on (radio, headlights,...), especially with a bad battery
- inspect for leaks

Last but not least: do some search; I'm sure there were instructions with pictures somewhere on that board...[/b]
great post and thats the way to do it only thing i could add is have some clean diesel at hand as i think its better to clean out filter housing always done this
when i ran my own haulage company .
when cleaned out put filter in housing and fill with clean diesel reassemble
regards d.s....................

1 - 5 of 5 Posts