Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, my car just got barbequed on the way home for my lunch break (some break it turned out to be). Kept getting hotter and hotter and had to cut it off! How is the bypass done? I have the 2 speed fan. I see 3 wires, blue, white, and black/green. Thanks in advance! Sorry if this has been gone over before, I couldn't find it in the searches and I'm in a hurry.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Hi,

Pretty sure it is the blue that goes to the relay by the battery. It was my blue that had turned to dust in the wiring loom under the radiator and if this is your problem you must pick it up in the relay box and earth it from there. If you bridge that to earth (black wire) you should permanently set the fan working.
Just pop a switch in to earth, don't forget the fan will energise the relay even when the ignition is off. Try it with the sensor unplugged first to ensure you don't have the dreaded wiring loom fault.
If you do you must run a new wire from the switch to the relay. Be sure to pick up the blue wire feed from the air-con receiver switch as this wire activates the fan to cool the condenser. If you don't you will over pressure your a/c system and loose the coolant. The two wires usually join inside the wiring loom under the rad.
I managed to get a spare heated rear window switch and pop it in the dashboard in one of the spare holes as a temporary measure. You can then turn it on and off as needed.
Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Duncan

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My blue wire was in pretty good condition aside from being off the fan switch. I tried connecting it to the black wire as suggested. I heard the relay click but the fan would not turn on. I might try just running a 12volt straight to the fan from the battery and putting a switch in the positive. Would this work??

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.