Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm a new member today. I'm slowly learning about the car I have while fixing it after a Merc jeep swiped the front off. I'm beginning to find that it's a pretty unusual version. That's making finding the bumper cover challenging, but that's my current project! Anyway, meantime, I have stepped over the line between 'old car runner' to 'saab geek'. Oh dear.

My question: Does anyone else have one of these, or do I have a genuine one-off?

1991 H-reg 9000 2.3 Turbo Carlsson. In Oduardo grey (the original colour, if I spelt it right), with SE spec (wood etc), automatic. Apparently it has, or rather had, the "Aero"?? bodykit fitted in the UK ex-factory (found this out today).

I'm told by the previous owner, my Dad, that it was quite difficult getting Saab to sell him this spec.

Has anyone else got one just like this?

I might even manage a photo or two if anyone is remotely interested.

Anyway, I'm fixing it and then getting it checked over and restored, as the last 100k miles have been serviced and bodged by random garages, not dealers. Once it's back on the road it'll be only a couple of weeks before it's clocked up 250,000 miles.

Anyway, enough from me. Anyone got one of those bumper covers spare?

·
Registered
359 Posts
Hi Mine's Grey

Welcome to saabscene.

Unfortunately I know very little about carlssons. I have owned lots of other saabs but never got around to getting a Carlsson. I have just recently got my Aero.

There are many very knowledgable people on here that do have them and am sure they will be along shortly.

Sorry I can't help with your queries but I would love to see some pix of the car.

Cheers
Aeronaut

·
Registered
4,626 Posts
My understanding has alwaysbeen that the Original Carlssons came in Black, Red, or white. This may explain why your father had difficulting getting SAAB GB to sell him this one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts