Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK the time has finally come. I am about to buy my first home and I am afraid it looks as if I am going to have to sell my 9000. My girlfriend has a car and its just not possible to keep 2 due to the cost of insurance (and she can't drive the 9000, too big apparently).

Anyway, specs are as follows-

- 1997 9000 CSE Anniversary Edition 2.3t (LPT)
- 120,000 Miles, Manual
- Its the dark mauve colour (almost black, tint of purple in sunlight)
- All the usual stuff (alloys, cd/stero, heated seats, abs etc....)
- Being honest, not much of a service history as its a former company car, but runs well.

Paint work will be retouched before sale. I am looking to sell in April, question is, what sort of money should I be asking?

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Tell your Girlfriend that's its never to BIG, it's just a case of getting used to the size, the real reason is that she will not or has no need to part with HER beloved rollersket, you will have to get rid of yours, like all of us men who are married we do what we are told to do by "The BOSS", Put your foot down and NO, you get rid of you car, Mine's a SAAB therefore IT Stayes. Good luck with that on.

·
Registered
16,524 Posts
This looks too much like an ad, so it should be in the Classifieds....

However, you could go back and tell her that your car is worthless and so is not worth selling

I mean. who's going to buy a big barge with over 100,000 miles, no service history and painted a strange purple colour.........

Doesn't she realise that these days the only secondhand cars worth any money are small cars like [insert details of her car here]

And how will she be able to bring home all the building materials that she wants you to DIY in a small car?

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Surely almost worthless as already stated , but on a serious note, would I be correct that insurance premiums are quite a bit higher over in NI than on the mainland and might this affect the resale value of such a car compared to over here?

Nick.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Its not an add as I am not selling it YET, but I have been offerd £1K for it already.

A big reason is insurance over here. Yes u r right, NI insurance is outragious but as I am 23 its killing me even more.

U see I have a cunning plan. I actually want an aero, and if I sell the 9000 now I can play the sympathy card when I go to get my new car in a year or two (after I am 25 most likely) becuase she knows how much I like the 9000.

But facts are facts, insurance and running costs are killing me. I will have to be reduced to driving a 1.25i Fiesta for a year or so but I WILL have another Saab eventually.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Dave, I know your pain. My '87 9000 Turbo lost most of it's value when I drive it off the dealers lot.

When I went to trade it, about five years later, they offered me about 1/10th the purchase price, and that was at a Saab dealer.

Can anyone tell me what is with the low resale value of these cars? They're great to drive, but expensive to repare and impossible to sell.

I hope somebody out there will give you an estimated value and that you can sell it to keep peace in the family.

Now if you were looking for a nice 944 N/A, I might be able to help.

Good luck,
John
'87 Saab 9000 Turbo
'76 911S Targa
'86 944 N/A
'90 Bronco II

·
Registered
198 Posts
Hi Dave. I'm from Northern Ireland also and was in the market for a 9000 just last month. As it turned out, I couldn't find a suitable one here. I almost bought a 97 Anniversary 200BHP from the local Franchised dealer but it was just too expensive. I ended up buying my company leased 9-3. But give me a shout when (if) you are selling. [email protected]<br />By the way, talking about Fiestas in the glovebox, I believe that a few years ago Northern Ireland Ford dealers did give away free Fiestas with new Scorpios!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Will keep you in mind m8. Just out of curiosity... how much was the 9000 CSE from the dealer?

Don't worry, I am realistic. I know the dealer prices are wayyyyyy OTT.

Dave

·
Registered
335 Posts
thats a good point.. on the twin 'bag models you can squeeze the little fester in with the tool kit in the rear side panel. i know this means the long walk to the rear of the car, but a small price to pay for passenger safety

·
Registered
198 Posts
I'd go with that Rhino. The 9000 glovebox lid never did fit very well anyway.
Dave, the dealer was Isaac Agnew. He was asking £4995 but went to £4500 immediately I showed interest. Still miles too high, but it was a low mileage minter and had SAAB Approved warranty.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts