Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Miles are low for the year,you don't say if it is a 2 liter or 2.3,or if it is a turbo.
IMO starting at a bog standard 2.0l non turbo,no more than a couple of hundred tops,and perhaps three hundred for a 2.3 turbo,at the end of the day it is an old motor and has not yet acheaved rarity.

mike

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
An E Reg 9000 Turbo SE16 will tend to be a turbo MikeH

That age will be a 2.0 (2.3 didn't appear until a few years later)

I would think £200-400 given the low mileage. Depends on what state the bodywork is in.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello Thanks, sure its a 2litre 16v se 170bhp auto, leather, climate control, wood, all the trimmings. it belongs to a friends dad and i want to give him top money as new it cost £27K and i think he paid £12k several years ago, but i cant find any seconhand price guides that go back to then.......Help

·
Registered
127 Posts
Sold one of these last year, same model (SE Auto), 1990 with 100K on the clock. 3 owners, FSH excellent condition but with a rust bubble on the bottom of one door and a broken exhaust manifold stud. Had no trouble getting £600 for it.
Sometimes wish I still had it!

·
Registered
234 Posts
I bought one exactly the same a few months ago. Mechanically sound, but with a few cosmetic faults (saggy headlining, couple of dings), 129k, long MOT. I paid £500, which I thought was about right.

Personally, I'd be a bit wary about that mileage. It works out at just over 4000 miles a year, which is pretty low. It's either had lots of short trips, or it's been sitting around doing nothing for a long time. Neither is particularly good for a car, unless it's been carefully maintained.

Great cars though, and I'm enjoying mine hugely.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.