Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm thinking of putting my '96 9000 Aero up for sale. However with all the mods, I'm uncertain how much to put it up for. It's black, has a FSH and has done 74K miles.

Hirsch chip fitted by Reading Saab
Exhaust - Abbot back box and cat bypass
Brembo Grey brake discs
K+N air filter
H+G springs
Abbot rollbar bushes
Upgraded dump valve

Total power is 270 to 275 bhp. (and yes, it goes VERY well)

What do you think?

If anyone is interested, I could post a picture.

Cheers,

The Ghost

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
The above link is 7K, the even higher modded one on ebay late last year went for about £5 with every abbott mod in the world.

Really it's down to what you realistically think it's worth, what you'd part with it for, and what people will offer hopefully they will mneet somewhere.

You've got an idea of prices, why not stick it on the classifieds from the link in the top right hand corner.

Andrew.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Ghost
I have just sold a 1995 modified Aero, before that a modified Carlsson, their is always someone willing to pay big money for a clean sorted out car, in both instances I got what I wanted give or take a £100 quid, with the Aero when I finally decided to sell it I gave myself 4 weeks to sell it,I placed it on Here,Saab Central, Ebay, autotrader amd loot,try and knock a web page with some decent pictures and specs I had an offer without the guy actually seeing it within 4 days of my big advert push and after I accepted I had over 80 calls, with your modifications and the low miles I would say stick your neck out at around 6.7k, Don't listen to the doom and gloom merchants telling you how cheap 9000s are, you can always drop it if it sticks
good luck

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
...but seriously, this sort of car is like an antique (no offence intended!) or the stuff you get at craft exhibitions - it's worth what someone will pay. IMHO, it would be difficult to justify £7k as a private sale. I agree with mpen, you will have to be prepared to put a lot of effort in to get a decent price, but at the end of the day it should pay off.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.