Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just bought a boost guage and MBC to fit to my 96 NG900SET. Just a few details about my car it has a de catted standard front pipe, JT cat back 3" system, Viggen IC and a Superchip. Before fittng the MBC the car is happily running at 1.2 bar or 17.4 PSI, although the plugs look a little rich.
What is a safe boost figure to aim for. I would like a faster spool up and a bit more torque but don't necessarily want that much more power as the car is running around 230 BHP now.
Also I haven't decided weather to fit the MBC between the wasgate and BCV or just go between the wasgate and the turbo. I understand the first option would be safer but I intend to be careful.

I have upgraded brakes and suspension as well as fitting a VRK already, before I get the lecture

Any guidance would be appreciated.
Cheers Rob

·
Registered
11,343 Posts
Rob, a graduated boost gauge will give you a fair idea of what the boost is - but be aware that it is unlikely to read the same as a calibrated boost gauge.

I recently ran a calibrated boost gauge in my Saab and there was a small difference in the reading between that and the graduated boost gauge.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts