Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

I have just bought a f-reg 2.0t for a temporary car for a few months. Just wondering what sort of boost I can run safely? Also I have a bailey's Evo dumpvalve and was wondering how it would fit?

I can see where the standard dump valve is but it seems to have a pipe going in at the bottom and one comping out of the side also the standard one at the top. Anyone got any pics of theirs fitted?

Cheers
Dan,

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
I have a bailey's Evo dumpvalve and was wondering how it would fit?[/b]
No it would give you fuelling problems: the Air Mass Meter calculates the fuelling according to the amount of air in the system. If you dump some of that air to atmosphere you will run rich. Also have a look here .

·
Registered
312 Posts
I had thought about fitting an atmospheric dump valve but was told that not only will it give a temporary rich condition but would possibly cause some pre-detonation issues. Not sure how but I decided to play safe and go with the Bosch recirulating unit for now. I believe that Turbosmart makes a recirulating dump valve with a block off plate so that it can be used as an atmospheric as well. If you plan to experiment, this may be the way to go as you can always reconfigure it if you have problems. Just a thought

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I have tried the Baileys dump valve and all I can notice is that the car stalls the odd occasion when you dip the clutch and let the revs drop. At the end of the day I bought the car for £200 as a temporary car adn I can afford to test things like this on it.

Any ideas on the boost? A mate of mine told me that I can change the boost on the APC by changing pods. But he said don't touch K pod.
Any Ideas

Dan,

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
A mate of mine told me that I can change the boost on the APC by changing pods. But he said don't touch K pod.
Any Ideas  [/b]
Pods? that will be Pots...

There are 3 pots in an APC that can be adjusted, one for knock, one for peak boost, and one for taper?

Andrew

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
one way to make a single piston dump valve work is to bleed some air to the valve when it is idling ,
and allow pressure to build up when boosting ...
(otherwise boost pressure pushes open the dump valve ,limiting boost )
to do this simply put a t into the line and attach a anti syphoning valve used in windscreen washer circuits ...halford £1.50 ..this bleeds just enough air to keep the dv closed when idling and stops any pressure loss when boosting...make sure you put it round the right way !!
I fitted this to my t 16 s
and is currently fitted to my 91 carlsson

on adjusting the pots ..I would do a search on the c900 board..I have done this on the t16s but it was a long time ago...on the 900's the pots were marked

good luck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts