Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
3,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who/What?

How many of you are driving modified cars? and if so what's modified? .. and comments regarding improvements?

·
Registered
3,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
okay I'll start the ball rolling to show what I'm looking for..

Car : 2001 Saab 9-3 TiD S. Coupe. Standard : 125HP, 280NM.. Estimation : 160HP, 340NM with following mods:

Modification : Abbott Motorsport Diesel ECU upgrade.
Benefits : Great upgrade which really improves mid-range pull on the car.
Downsides : Overwhelms Exhaust EGR system and produces a lot of smoke on acceleration.

Modification : Abbott Viggen Rescue Kit
Benefits : Kills torque steer and improves steering feel
Downsides : None.. great modification and worth the cash in combo with a sports chassis upgrade.

Modification : Koni adjustable dampers and Eibach springs combo
Benefits : Far more sporty, better planted, nicer/flatter cornering with a more positive driving experience.Safer too.
Downsides : None, but costly and make sure suspension geometry is properly set.

Modification : 17'' wheels and 225 wide tyre combo
Benefits : sporty feeling handling, good grip levels and choice of ultra performance tyres.
Downsides : Tramlining increased, ride suffers a little. Expensive tyres.

Modification : Saab Leather sports steering wheel and gearknob/gaitor.
Benefits : Nicer to hold and use, better to grip and lifts the interior of the car. Positive and tactile.
Downsides : None. actually makes a big difference in the driving feeling.

Modification : Saab Sports Exhaust
Benefits : Less back pressure, better looks, not noisy.
Downsides : On diesel cars with abbott upgrade allows exhaust soot to cover the rear of the car in black soot every 500KMS.. not nice. wouldn't fit it in retrospect.

Modification : JR Performance Air Filter
Benefits : Better breathing, better economy, reusable, a little more performance.
Downsides : Makes the diesel engine sound noisier.

Future Mods under consideration :
Replace exhaust with custom made sports exhaust with down-facing end tips.

·
Registered
3,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Car : 1992 Saab 9000 2.3 CD Turbo Griffin Auto. Standard : 200HP 196NM. Estimated 250HP 300NM.

Modification : JR Airfilter
Benefits : Car breaths better, can hear the re-circ dumpvalve dumping air and turbo spooling, which is nice on petrol engined car. A little better performance 1 to 2HP, but helps other upgrades work.
Downsides : None.

Modification : Trent Stage 2 Saab 9000 Braking upgrade
Benefits : Keeps existing wheels and calipers but improves braking ability. When used is capabile of repeated stops from high speeds, almost buring the nose into the tarmac.
Downside : Stopping ability isn't particularly good when brakes are cold and require heating to achieve terrific stopping. Probably a good upgrade for people who live in hilly areas or use their car on the track irregularly. However for me, cost versus benefit would say stick to standard OEM next time.

Modification : Abbott ECU upgrade and Abbott Wastegate Actuator.
Benefits : Increased performance and overtaking ability, a noticable 40HP improvement over stock.
Downsides : Uses more fuel, Increased power and torque could be problematic on AUTO box's wearlife. Also able to trigger TCS in dry with AUTO on hard throttle openings. Good upgrade for owners with TCS as Speedparts won't sell to APC/DI owners with TCS anymore.

Modification : Forge Re-circulating dumpvalve.
Benefits: Better clamping force, serviceable, holds higher boost, better built than standard Bosch unit. Reduces turbolag, protects turbo. Really a necessary upgrade in combo with an ECU upgrade.
Downsides : None. Excellent upgrade to get the most of your boost and protect your turbo.

Modification : 3'' JT Superflow downpipe.
Benefits : Reduces back pressure because of size and flow design. Well built and noticable in terms of reduced turbo spool-up times and better heat management.
Downsides : Size can make it difficult to fit, required removal of intercooler hose and undertray to fit.. but thats it an excellent upgrade and necessary when running higher boost levels to keep temperatures down.

Modification : 3'' JT Superflow exhaust.
Benefits : Excellent exhaust at a good price. Uses perforated silencers and doesn't really create noise. A good stealthy performance increase. Has a nice purposful tailpipe without being rice.
Downside : None really, it's a well built exhaust at a good price. It's not stainless steel so won't last forever. Needs shortning if not using JT race cat or straight through pipe.

Modification : Speedparts/Elkparts clear/white DRLS
Benefits : Updates the look of the car, but still looks standards.
Downside : None

Modification : Smoked side repeaters
Benefits : as above
Downside : None.

Modification : 16'' Saab Aero wheels and tyres
Benefits : Looks, grip and control

Modification : Nokia Handsfree kit
Benfits : Easy to install and safer.

Modifications under consideration :
Abbott Anti-roll bar and bushings
Abbott wishbone bushings
Superflex engine mount bushings
Abbott Springs
Koni Dampers.

·
Registered
11,343 Posts
Alright, I'll have a go, too:

Saab 9-3 Sport, MY1999, 200bhp HOT as standard, esitmated 240bhp now.

Benefits : Better breathing, better economy, reusable, a little more performance.
Downsides : None noted.

Modification : Hirsch Performance 2.75" dia. stainless steel sports exhaust (Cat-back)
Benefits : improved throttle response, longevity, exhaust note is not excessive at idle and does not intrude into cabin when accelerating.

Modification : Speedparts Stage Two ECU upgrade
Benefits : err, safer overtaking? Throttle response improved further, early indications of mpg show small improvement in economy at constant speed, excellent acceleration.

Modification : Forge Motorsport Atmospheric dump-valve
Benefits : Erm, it's shiny and it will outlast the diapraghm thing that was in there before, so, err, longevity.

Modification : smoke side repeaters and US-spec front indicator units with Philips Silvervision bulbs.
Benefits : Aesthetics. Makes the car a little more individual in the UK

Modifications planned:
- JR filter induction kit.
- Eibach springs
- Eibach or Koni dampers

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Alright, I'll have a go, too:

All fitted to a 1999 9-3 LPT

Modification : Hirsch step 1 ECU upgrade
Benefits :

Downsides : Wish I'd never told my insurers

Modification : Forge Motorsport Atmospheric dump-valve
Benefits : Shiny, noisey , better than the crappy Bosch unit

Modification : smoke side repeaters.
Benefits : Aesthetics.

Modification : 17" 10 spoke 9-5 Aero wheels and Dunlop SP9000 215/45/17.
Benefits : Aesthetics, grip, ride and handling all improved considerably
Downsides : Cost of the bloody tyres

Modification : Crossflow 'Viggen' Intercooler
Benefits : Cooler charge air, improved throttle response, a bit more power
Downsides : None

Modification : Smoothed throttle body casting
Benefits : Smoother idle, possible small improvement to throttle response, FREE!

Modification : Silver painted DI cassette
Benefits : Tidier looking engine bay
Downsides : Risk of being labeled a sad boy racer by peers

Modification : Carbon fibre dash, leather steering wheel/gaiter
Benefits : Improves the interior no end.
Downsides : none

Modifications planned:
- 3" downpipe and sports exhaust
- JR filter induction kit.
- Eibach springs
- Eibach or Koni dampers
- Leather interior
- Hybrid turbo (T28/25?)
- Water injection
- Anything else that will provide more
and keep me busy

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
OK, OK... but don't you dare complaining about loss of productivity today because you need to read all this!

Car: 1985 Saab 900T8

Modification: intercooler retrofit

For: 10 more horses, OE fitment, essential upgrade before more power mods are made, should make for a better engine life, relatively cheap from junkyard
Against: improvement only marginally felt on road, a tiny bit more lag down low, then pulls slightly harder towards higher rpm

Modification: Simons sports exhaust
For: cheaper than OE replacement, looks like more or less like original Saab twin-pipe (Carlsson) sports exhaust they stopped making yonks ago, nice sound, definitely better off-boost pick up, needed before turning the boost up (exhaust back pressure = high EGT), well made
Against: rusts at welds so it needs some fettling with Fertan and VHT paint every once in a while to keep it looking nice and prevent perforation in the long run - still it's hanging under there since 1995 so I can't complain really

Modification: performance air filter element
For: you'll never need another, realistically...
Against:... but it doesn't have any tangible benefits, either (although my friend Paul noticed marginally bether throttle pickup on his T8 back then, and it should be good for another 2 or so hp...)

Modification: Tar.Ox grooved front discs
For: keeps the pads from glazing and gives a path for disposing of the gassing that induces brake fad when hot, proved virtually indestructible on my car
Against: ... but you'll need better pads to makefull use of it (and I bet the discs will wear out faster, then) and you're still working with an ultimately inadequate brake set up (nasty Girling calipers, solid discs) so maybe the money is better spent towards more serious braking mods

Modification: 5th injector with electronic controller by Ford tuner Wouter Bollen (quite obviously an ERL Mapfueler replica/cast-off)

For: the only sensible way to aid the K-Jetronic system in providing fuel higher boost/power outputs before K-star; has its place in conjunction with earlier EFI systems, too. You don't mess with the basic fuel system, so normal cold/warm starting, driveability and fuel consumption/emission on anything but full load conditions are unaffected
Against: involving to install mechanically (you'll have to weld an injector socket to the intercooler-throttle body pipe, and there were no off-the-shelf solutions for attaching a fuel hose to a single EFi injector back then); you just assume it is working (with hindsight, I would havshelled out the extra money for the ERL MF2 because it has diagnostic functions built-in); ideally needs to be set up on the rolling road

Modification: Merwede lowering springs
For: suddendly you know what the car's up to from the seat of the pants...
Against... but you'll also know what side the coin you just drove over was up

Modification: Koni shocks
For: transforms the car's handling and composure, adjustable (but not on the car), lifetime warranty
Against: not cheap, but if you need new shockers anyways...

Modification: watercooled T16 turbo (Garrett T3, trim 45) on T8 (OE is trim 40, non-watercooled)

For: cheap (secondhand), more power from the midrange upwards, no discernable increase in turbo lag
Against: having to retrofit the proper coolant lines, particularly replacing the lower rad hose (but at this age, some of the originals might be iffy anyways)

Modification: 2.1 litre engine conversion with pistons from Gasparatos, Hamburg

For: Fantastic, silken smooth power delivery with the old 8vT, transforms driveability
Against: but the pistons and rings (cast Mahle, modified Ford Scorpio V6 units) ultimately are incompatible with turbocharged applications in terms of strength; it was lots of (unforeseen) extra work to make them fit the Saab con rods, too - both of which indicate that Gasparatos basically doesn't really know what he's doing

Modification: balancing and lightening OE flywheel

For: definitely better throttle response, makes the experience more 'thoroughbred', idling and take-off from rest were not discernably affected, cheap mod if you have the clutch out anyways
Against: if your engine is not running right, you'll know immediately, and suffer for it

Modification: balanced engine rotating assembly
For: another big step into making a 'real' sports engine out of the venerable Saab 2 litre, smoother running, more eager to rev, less stressed mechanicals, theoretically the power otherwise wasted on vibration would be found back at the crank output
Against: you'll have to take the engine out and apart...

Modification:
Ported and intake manifold port matched 8 valve cylinder head

For: If the head's off anyways, it doesn't cost you more than 10 - 12 hours worth of your winter's nights and a few Dremel bits; it definitely helped response from 4K rpm upwards...

Against... but I could have been deluded feeling that - b*tt dyno's are not always very accurate, particularly when you spent a lot of time at a mod; the material you grind off literally gets anywhere, so clean the head as well as you can with compressed air and a vacuum cleaner, and I would recommenchanging the oil after a short while to be on the safe side

Modification: Trent Saab fancooler kit
For: Improvement building on OE intercooler, so I did not make a prior modification/purchase redundant; clean, professional install without modification of body parts (rad support, spoiler); keeps things cooler without the lag associated with big-a** IC units
Against: automatic on/off circuitry diesn't work with pre-'86 ignition so I go a mere on/off switch, bit 'spensive for what's basically a fan strapped to the front of your IC

Modification: Big Fat Intercooler Pipes (BFICP); OE for '89- 900T16 models

For: another intake restriction gone, clean, light
Against: sourcing them (they had to come from Two Stroke To Turbo, eventually)

Modification: Trent Saab dump valve

For: Pssht!
Less turbo lag
Against; hard to findright balance between response on lifting throttle and stalling the engine on depressing clutch; the first one (Bailey) could not stand the heated compressed, un-intercooled air (the spot on the intercooler-throttle elbow had already been taken by the 5th injector) so they fitted a unit originally destined for their rally Impreza WRX (old shape)on which it is also mounted before the IC -that one does the job up 'til now

Modification:
16 Valve conversion with LH fuel injection:

For: Losing a lot of potential for bad running with all the mechanical K-Jet issues (warm up regulator, mechanical fuel distributor with sprung-loaded system pressure regulator); 16 valver more smooth and refined; ultimately better power potential; no more adjusting valve clearances; no more cracked 8v heads and exhaust manifolds; LH is basically plug and play with no set up adjustments to be made

Against: sorting out where the LH wiring harness interfaces with what's in the car already (not that hard, though), risk of frying an ECU when you do get it wrong initially, 16 valve head weighs 20 kg's (including cams) which is significantly more than 8v (but a part of that is compensated for by losing the cat iron K-Jet fuel distributor); potential for hydraulic lifters getting bad

Brake upgrade to 88-on system, with late 9000 calipers and discs up front, Trent Saab Stage II discs/pads (DS3000 in my case)

For: Whoa, so that's how real brakes feel!
Against: the bill (can you say 22.5 hours of shop labour?)

16" Aero wheels with 195/50/16 P6000's

For: Car feels tighter, improved steering precision - oh and they look very
Against: ultimate grip of Pirelli's not that hot, for a compound as soft and fast-wearing I'd expect better performance

Modification:
Rear T16S torsion bar retrofitted (none on front); SAS polyurethane shock bushings

For: Understeer? What understeer? Back end still very stable under normal driving
Against: Nothing so far

Modification:
Extra side bolstering on front seats, clad in biscuit leather

For: Definitely better lateral support without foregoing the creature comforts of the OE Saab 'contour pattern' seat (important with suspension as rock hard as mine, er, Saabine's); combination of high-quality leather and soft velour surfaces looks stunning IMO; quite cost-effective improvement
Against: Still no way to fit a four point harness for the track

There's lots more of which I can't really give a verdict because there's no benchmark to put them against (many mods like the Trent Saab RRFPR for instance, came with the 16 valve conversion and weren't applicable to the former 8v set up), I'm still in the experimental phase with even after years (home made water injection system) or it's still too early to tell (the new engine with turbo and all associated stuff).

And no, I'm not gonna get into things like the walnut dash, spray painted plastic interior parts, white instrument dials, the audio system, et cetera, et cetera here!!

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
900 injection 8 valve n/a 1988

Modification: JR free flow air filter
For: cleanable, extra throttle response.
Against: nothing

Modification: Magnecor Electro Sport 8mm HT leads
For: big improvement in throttle response.Pulls much better. Far greater improvement than expected.
Against : nothing

Modification: Bosch 4 point spark plugs
For: Good for 20,000 miles, runs a little smoother and quieter.
Against: Not much difference over standard NGK considering the cost (BTW: not to be used in a DI car!!!).

Modification: Ecotek [edit] CB-26P
For: improved throttle response
Against: still noisy after a year (and with filter), no fuel consumption improvement. No emissions reduction noted (same figures at 2 MOTs at same garage).

Modification: Silicone small bore vacuum hose
For: it’s red, cheaper than Saab’s stuff, fits tight and doesn’t loosen off the barbs
Against: Maybe should have gone with royal blue…

Modification: Poly alternator bushes
For: alternator is rock steady (it was dancing around) so less strain on belts and pulleys

Modification: Sachs Advantage gas shocks (with lower mount poly bushes)
For: much improved road holding
Against: slightly harsher ride

Modification: T8 springs
For: much improved road holding and less harsh than the T16 ones
Against: sometimes I wish I’d gone for the T16 ones…

Modification: Front Pagid fast road brake pads
For: hugely improved stopping (at the time I fitted 4 new ATE disks, Pagid standard rear pads and fast front).
Against: nothing (unless someone else is driving and they expect the same cr*ppy brake performance as in their MOR saloon)

Modification: Saab Mahogany gear shift knob
For: looks good, feels good

Modification: Smoke side repeaters
For: looks neat and tidy on a dark grey 900

Modification: Airflow kit side vent covers
For: look very cool
Against: faster than the rest of the car!

Modification: Mesh radiator grill
For: individual (and my old painted one had faded to grey)

Modification: GM plastic hub caps
For: look better than brushed steel
Against: I’m still on steel wheels. Had hoped to sort this out this week with the nice set of cross spokes Peter123 has got on the classifieds. Unfortunately a CV joint had just gone on the 9000 and swallowed the budget.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Saab 900 Turbo modelyear '95

stock:185bhp/263Nm
after modding:232bhp/335Nm (without MBC)

Modification: Hirsch Performance ECU
Benefits: A safe way to get more power. You'll get more power and still retain APC. Even though it's expensive, it provides most enjoyment for your money. No other upgrade changes your engine as much as a reprogrammed ECU.
Downsides: Expensive

Modification: Abbott Racing MBC
Benefits: Boost builds up more quickly. More boost means more power. The car feels quicker in low- and midrange revs. It's possible to increase boost so much that the needle almost goes past the red zone on the dash. It's cheap.
Downsides: Eleminates the APC function. You'll lose protection against detonation. In extreme cases melted pistons can be a result. Additional low- and midrange torque kills gearboxes.

Modification: crossflow 'Viggen' intercooler
Benefits: The crossflow design is less restrictive than the original intercooler, as a result there will be less pressure drop. Cooler charge air is more dense and will result in more power.
Downsides: New, expensive intercoolerhoses are needed.

Modification: removing heatplate in intake manifold
Benefits: The heatplate blocks a part of the intake, removing it improves intake airflow.
Downsides: None

Modification: Ported and polishes throttle body transition casting
Benefits: Smoothening the big lip on the casting improves airflow. Engine runs smoother.

Modification: K&N airfilter
Benefits: Lasts almost forever. Better airflow.
Downsides: No noticable improvement.

Modification: 3" intake tube in airbox
Benefits: The engine still gets cold air, but the large tube is less restrictive.

Modification: Forge atmospheric dumpvalve
Benefits: Will not fail when running higher boost levels. Very good quality, better than the Bosch unit. Jewelry for your enginebay. Great sound.
Downsides: For the price of a Forge valve, one can buy a box of Bosch valves.

Modification: Sport muffler
Benefits: Reduces backpressure. Better sound.

Modification: Removing resonator
Benefits: More agressive sound.
Downsides: The exhaust is audible inside the car.

Modification: Hirsch Performance progressive springs
Benefits: Better handling. The 900/9-3 model looks better when lowered.
Downsides: In combination with stock dampers, the rebound is too quick. No problem in normal driving, but at high speeds the car never seems to settle.

Modification: Zimmerman crossdrilled brakediscs
Benefits: Less fading
Downsides: Ordered it seven weeks ago, have still not arrived.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Saab 9000 LPT 1994

Modification: JR free flow air filter
For: cleanable, extra throttle response.

Modification: Trent TSL PCV check valve
For: It works, it’s shiny, it should last much longer than OEM

Modification: Trent (Forge) recirculating dump valve
For: better throttle response, needed for future upgrades, looks good

For: it matches the car, DI & poly mounts, cheaper than Saab’s stuff, fits tight and doesn’t loosen off the barbs

Modification: Upper torque arm poly bushes
For: holds the engine very steady.
Against: slight increase in vibration at idle

Modification: Speedparts stage 1 ECU
For: extra 75 bhp and 141 Nm of torque. Also smoother running, no change in fuel consumption.

Modification: Poly front and rear anti roll bar bushes and drop link bushes.
For: better road holding
Against: maybe slightly harsher ride quality

Modification: Pagid Fast road pads (front only)
For: only just bedding in really but already notice slightly better braking (my wife, who normally drives it, reports no change yet but they went on at her request).
Against: perhaps should have done the rears as well and uprated the disks to get full effect. Really too early to say.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Oh, er, forgot about those...

Modification: Trent TSL PCV check valve
For: It works, it’s shiny, it should last much longer than OEM
Against: nothing[/b]
Agreed

For: it’s red, cheaper than Saab’s stuff, fits tight and doesn’t loosen off the barbs
Against: Maybe should have gone with royal blue…[/b]
I have the blue stuff mostly, but I wish I could get more of the silver hose that came with my Dawes Devices pressure switch - unfortunately Hose Techniques where it's from has an online ordering system that only recognizes addresses in the USA or Canada, and I'm not gonna call long distance for 10 ft of friggin' vacuum hose...

Modification: Saab Mahogany gear shift knob
For: looks good, feels good
Yes, wood is very nice for a shift know which should slip into and out of your hand. Less good for steering wheels IMO. In the tactility stakes, I also have:

Modification: Saab/Momo three spoke steering wheel
For: Looks good, lotsa grip, makes you feel like a genuine Touring Car racer
Against: the rim of my example is bit scruffy, definietly looks 'used' - I'll make a mental note to regard that as 'genuine and lovely patina'...

Modification: Mesh radiator grill
For: individual (and my old painted one had faded to grey)
You too?

Forgot to mention this important item, too..

Modification: '91-'93 type gearbox (rebuilt one from Neo Brothers)
For: strongest factory c900 gearbox, does it shift better than the old ones, or am I deluding myself again?
Against: needing it just after having an uprated pinion bearing assembly from the USA (Eriksson Industries) installed in the old gearbox) and the folks who did that (you basically need to tear the whole box aprt to swap pinion bearings) not mentioning that it had adverse wear on it at that occasion...

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Originally quoted by Eric:
 I have the blue stuff mostly, but I wish I could get more of the silver hose that came with my Dawes Devices pressure switch - unfortunately Hose Techniques where it's from has an online ordering system that only recognizes addresses in the USA or Canada, and I'm not gonna call long distance for 10 ft of friggin' vacuum hose...  [/b]
Wel meneer, try http://www.j-w-racing.com . Jamie now imports those Dawes devices.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Another item springs to mind:

Modification: ground away the ends of the copper pipes for connecting the aux air valve/AIC hoses that protrude into the throttle body

For: Another restriction gone with less than half an hour of Dremel-ing
Against: Would I notice it if I performed that mod on its own? Er...

·
Registered
229 Posts
Car : 1999 Saab 9-3 Viggen (Coupe)

Modification : Abbott Viggen Rescue Kit
Benefits : Improved steering feel, stability, better traction and virtually eliminates torque steer

Modification : Abbott Rear Anti-roll Bar
Benefits : Improved stability and better balanced flater cornering

Modification : Saab smoke side repeaters
Benefits : Better overall look to car

Pending upgrades:

Tyres - Replace Dunlops with Bridgestone S-03's

Considering:

Abbott Spring & Damper kit
ECU Upgrade & Air Filter
Recirculating Dump Valve
Finding alternative brake pads that produce less dust!

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
Modification : NONE
Benefits : Cheap insurance
Downsides : Corners like pig wearing rollerskates on a marble floor.

But it boosts better than most of your tarted up efforts

Planned mods

Springs
Poly Bushes
JT 3" CAT-Back exhaust
3" Downpipe
JT Air filter
16" Aero wheels
TSL Stage 2 brakes
TSL RRFRPR
Hybrid turbo, not sure which one yet.

Sticking with the current ECU and it's letting me have LOADSA BOOST.

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
1999 9-5 2.3 'lpt' auto

Mod: Speedparts/elksport stage 2 ECU
Benefits: in excess of 70 bhp increase
Downsides: none yet......

Mod: Jr air filter element
Benefits: Reuseable, alledged better breathing, slightly nicer induction sound
Downsides: I have to clean it!

Mod: BSR/Elksport 2.5" cat back exhaust system
Benefits: Better breathing, nice 'burble, not too noisy!
Downsides: 'personally' not keen on tailpipe

Mod: Eibach pro kit springs and dampers
Benefits: a 9-5 that actually goes where you point it!
Dislikes: can be tiresome on [expletive deleted] roads...

Mod: Saab Motorsport 17" alloys, with 225/45 tyres
Beneifts: Sharper response, better looking
Downsides: high tyres price

Mod: Forge motorsport re-circ dump valve
Benefits: faster response, lasts 'forever'
Downsides: can't have atmospheric due to T7...

Mod: Slivervision indicator bulbs, and smoked repeaters
Benefits: silvervision cleans up front end, smoked repeaters just look right...
Downsides: none

Mod: Full genuine Aero body kit
Benefits: Just looks so damn good!
Downsides: got to watch front spoiler with the lowered suspension!

Whats on the list:

Full MY02> aero brakes
MY02 aero seats
full 3" exhaust system
Mitsubishi TD04 turbo... one day...

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
But it boosts better than most of your tarted up efforts  [/b]
In yer dreams, Mr Torque-Steer. All your heavy right foot boost adaptation cannot match the no frills approach of manual boost valve, adequate fueling. Back when I still had APC on Saabine, she would dump the boost gauge needle past the red zone, and unstick the clutch for a split second in fifth before going for the most intense 60-100 acceleration I ever experienced. To be honest, it was a bit scary...

·
Registered
3,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
erm.. having just again rigged up the meter.. I'm currently boosting with no obvious problems to 1.2 bar...... (abbott say it should be 0.9 bar).. so ermm better change pre-load on my wastegate.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts