Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
According to my '96 owner's handbook, press "Auto" and "<-o->" (very top left and very bottom right buttons) simultaneously to initiate the sequence which takes about 30 seconds.

Being a computer user, the temptation will be to hold one of the buttons like a shift key, then press the other. This won't work. Press both at the same time.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Thinking about that, I have a related question! My air con works fine, and as far as I can tell the ACC unit is working OK, however there are two things wrong with the system as a whole. Firstly the interior temp sensor is playing up a bit. Occasionally you'll get a random bit of warm air coming through for a minute or two. Do a recalibrate and it sorts itself out pretty quickly. Also I know that the air distribution drum is faulty, as it is permanently stuck on the windscreen and floor only position (very little air coming out of the dash vents). This is something I'll probably get fixed when I next get the car serviced as that part of the system seems to be buried quite far into the dash and I'm not sure pulling the top off the dash will help reach it. Probably best left to an expert!

Anyway, should either of those show up as faults when I do the recalibrate? I never get any faults showing - it stays on zero for about 1 second and then goes back to the temp as it appears to cycle through the vent positions. Strange!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.