Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
Your throttle body will look like this...

... and when you start the car the ANTI LOCK (orange) and TCS CTRL (red) lights will be displayed on the HUD for 15 seconds or so if started from cold, or 2-3 seconds if the car is still warm.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
I would have thought the other way would be to boot it in first or second, particularly in the wet and see what happens.

(Another in the series from "David's Numpty Guides - Troubleshooting without lifting the bonnet")

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
Originally posted by jayboy:
[qb]Useful, i've only had mine 2 days and i'm glad to say it hasn't got it - all the talk had made me paranoid about it! [/qb][/b]
You are very lucky to have a 2.3 Carlsson without TCS!! Of course it's possible that someone has had it converted to a cable throttle in the past, does the history mention this?

·
Registered
48 Posts
No, got most of the history for the car, especially the last 3 years, old boy was very thorough, photocopied service schedules with highlighter pen all over and receipts and MOT sheets to back up.

Nothing mentions a change and it all looks consistent under the bonnet now i've looked.

Just gotta find the missing boost and have the mounts repaced too!

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by David Taylor:
[qb]I would have thought the other way would be to boot it in first or second, particularly in the wet and see what happens.

(Another in the series from "David's Numpty Guides - Troubleshooting without lifting the bonnet")

[/qb][/b]
Now THAT'S my kind of testing.

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Originally posted by Jason (Mr Torque Steer):
[qb] QUOTE
Originally posted by jayboy:
[qb] Useful, i've only had mine 2 days and i'm glad to say it hasn't got it - all the talk had made me paranoid about it! [/qb][/b]
You are very lucky to have a 2.3 Carlsson without TCS!! Of course it's possible that someone has had it converted to a cable throttle in the past, does the history mention this? [/qb][/b][/quote]One of mine has no TCS either, those parts have got to be worth keeping.

Andrew

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by Jason (Mr Torque Steer):
[qb]... and when you start the car the ANTI LOCK (orange) and TCS CTRL (red) lights will be displayed on the HUD for 15 seconds or so if started from cold, or 2-3 seconds if the car is still warm. [/qb][/b]
Get the Anti Lock light, but no TCS CTRL so looks like no TCS (which is presumably
)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.