Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, Just had my gearbox changed and the Stereo is asking for a Code, I have the code but I don't have a drivers hand book,How do I do this? Any help greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
16,524 Posts
There's no code for a radio on a 9-5. It should be permanently linked to your car. You can take it out and replace it as many times as you want to. Has the dealer messed with it?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the feed back, Ignore everything, the garage got my car mixed up with another he was doing which had an after market fitted stereo, Confused everyone with that!

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have a 2002 radio I put in a 1999 It says the radio is locked.
There's no code for a radio on a 9-5. It should be permanently linked to your car. You can take it out and replace it as many times as you want to. Has the dealer messed with it?

·
Registered
687 Posts
The 9-5 radios are married to the specific car using its VIN, you can't fit another 9-5 radio unless that radio has been divorced from the donor car and then married to your car. It is possible to divorce a radio if you just have the VIN from the donor car but otherwise it won't work.

Divorcing and marrying has to be done using a Tech2, so its a garage job. Its usually cheaper to fit an aftermarket radio.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts