Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '91 9k cd turbo and my turn signal is completely destroyed!! I'm going to pick up a new one today. What I need to know is how do I go about changing it??

THANX IN ADVANCE!!
JUSTIN=^)

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
justin,this is from memory,i will check later with Mr Haynes(when I find it),
remove steering wheel,undo I think four screws beneath cowl and remove,the wiper and indicator controls are fixed to a centre collar, and I think it is just a matter of disconnecting the relevant multiplug and removing one or two bolts,not too big a job. I presume you have not an airbag to worry about,if you have then ignore the above.

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
It can just be done with the wheel on, but i'd disconnect the battery 1st!

Clear as much cowling away as possible, and use very short screwdrivers with magnetic ends and disconnect the plug 1st.

I did mine (well reconnected the old one) when it wouldn't switch from dipped to main beam. took it off, clean and reinstalled,

And yes I have SRS too. Damn scary when your working down there!

Andrew

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lol,yeah thats all I need,..."hmmm,what this wire for??" ::bang:: airbag goes off!!
I will DEFINATELY be d/c'ing the battery and if theres a fuse,that'll be pulled to.

·
Registered
16,524 Posts
Justin,

On some cars they recommend that you do not do anything around the Airbag for about half an hour after disconnecting the battery. There are capacitors and things that need to discharge.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
THANX A LOT GUYS!!!! I will be changing it today.I couldnt find one so I had to have one ordered. I paid $45 for the turn signal w/cruise and another $35 to have it overnited.
p.s.-the batt.'s coming out an hour before I do any work around the steering wheel.THANX FOR THE TIPS,...I WOULDA BEEN IN A WORLD OF HURT IF NO ONE TOLD ME TO DISCHARGE THE SRS BEFORE DOIN' WORK AROUND IT!!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well,...I finally did it!!! It took me 3hrs to do though!!!I got the steering wheel surround off fairly easily,& the old mangled turn signal came right out. The only installation problem I had was that damn top connector!!!

Thanx for all ur help guys,...I wouldnt have been able to do it w/o u!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.