Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm having a look, I haven't moved the butterfly because I believe that may upset the calibrations, but does this look dirty? The area of the butterfly looks a bit messy and it looks a lot darker underneath from what I can see through the gap

Is it worth cleaning? I get the occasional error codes about emissions, potentiometer etc but the car drives fine except when the error code triggers limp mode (only ever once)

thx

·
Registered
46 Posts
What engine is it? If it's a 1.9tdi it's possibly the solder joints on the PCB breaking down I had that issue of fault codes and limp mode on a Vectra 1.9cdti which is same engine as thr Saab 1.9tdi. Search VectraC.com to find detailed fix procedure.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What engine is it? If it's a 1.9tdi it's possibly the solder joints on the PCB breaking down I had that issue of fault codes and limp mode on a Vectra 1.9cdti which is same engine as thr Saab 1.9tdi. Search VectraC.com to find detailed fix procedure.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

Its a petrol engine. I would the imagine its the gunk coming down the air feed that has built up. My question is 'is it okay or is time for a clean?'

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
seen alot worse..imo nothing wrong with that,i wouldn't clean it..
Thanks, I wont.

I have had no more ECL but clearly something is amiss in there, possibly the potentiometers?

Ill wait for another ECL and see what the next codes say!

N

·
Administrator
5,103 Posts
next time code/s appear post them up,what the scanner says they are and what they mean in relation to saab faults I've found are totally different..

·
Registered
5 Posts
So I'm having a look, I haven't moved the butterfly because I believe that may upset the calibrations, but does this look dirty? The area of the butterfly looks a bit messy and it looks a lot darker underneath from what I can see through the gap

Is it worth cleaning? I get the occasional error codes about emissions, potentiometer etc but the car drives fine except when the error code triggers limp mode (only ever once)

thx View attachment 52920
If u r getting occasional codes which is irritating,better clean up the TB.I just cleaned mine and it's not that dirty but occasionally giving me P2135 code.

Sent from my RMX1971 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If u r getting occasional codes which is irritating,better clean up the TB.I just cleaned mine and it's not that dirty but occasionally giving me P2135 code.

Sent from my RMX1971 using Tapatalk
Ive had P1235 and emissions and something about the potentiometer signals being out of whack

Seems to me that failing some bad wiring somewhere in the mix, the TB needs a good overhaul.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts