Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! I own a 2005 93 Aero 4cyl cv automatic. My ECU is bad and am looking for a good ECU or a recommendation for an honest place to repair mine. Not that it matters I guess, but I live in Arizona. I do have Tech2 with security access. Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
ECU is a PITA replacing, did it on a Honda years ago and it's probably just as much of a hazel on a Saab. They can be found on the junkyard tho, especially if you're in Europe.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey everyone! I own a 2005 93 Aero 4cyl cv automatic. My ECU is bad and am looking for a good ECU or a recommendation for an honest place to repair mine. Not that it matters I guess, but I live in Arizona. I do have Tech2 with security access. Thanks!
Let me know if you find anywhere. I've got the same issue. SAAB 9-3 LINEAR MODEL TURBO. AND NOW I'M NOT IN EUROPE IN the states. It has been hell trying to find one and I've not been too lucky on eBay either. AND JUNKYARD TO NOT HAVE BEEN HELPFUL.

·
Registered
4 Posts
ECU is a PITA replacing, did it on a Honda years ago and it's probably just as much of a hazel on a Saab. They can be found on the junkyard tho, especially if you're in Europe.
I don't know why you brought a Hondas... Honda parts are easy to to come by. I can imagine saab parts I probably easy to come by in Europe but here in the States nope not even in junk yards I'm having the same problem coming by an engine control module for my saab as well.. I have a 2005 93 linear model

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
UPDATE

I researched a company called ECUTESTING.com, they are out of England but shipping was extremely fast. I dropped off my ECU on Thursday night to DHL and I received a confirmation email on Monday morning. Their communication is excellent and received email updates everyday. On Tuesday I was notified it had been assigned to an "Engineer". On Wednesday, today, I was notified they had evaluated my ECU. Now for my hesitation....they said nothing was wrong with it! I'm going to get it back, install it, an run diagnostics again. I had codes of P0201-P0204 (Injector misfires), P0300 (random misfires), P1682 (plausibility faults). Was told my two very experienced Saab shops these directly correlate to a bad ECU. So, imagine my surprise that they found nothing wrong! I'll verify that. ECU Tuning charges $70 for diagnostics and $50 for shipping....If it is repairable they charge $370 +$50.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Let me know if you find anywhere. I've got the same issue. SAAB 9-3 LINEAR MODEL TURBO. AND NOW I'M NOT IN EUROPE IN the states. It has been hell trying to find one and I've not been too lucky on eBay either. AND JUNKYARD TO NOT HAVE BEEN HELPFUL.
See below....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts