Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've got a small hole in the plastic container where you fill water up for the radiator

is it possible to solder this up or what??

any ideas appreciated

thx
Gyro

·
Registered
341 Posts
I assume its the plastic expansion tank you are talking about if so.. you could try some kind of sealant... I wouldnt really recommend it. Im sure you could pick up a good expansion tank from a scrap yard which would be a lot more of a permanent solution.

I just wouldnt have any confidence in something like that being patched up... you'd never know when it could fail. And things like that usually decide to give way at the
worst possible moments.

Cheers
Michael

·
Registered
16,524 Posts
Get another tank.

I have been involved in welding polythene and other plastics for years, at best you will only smooth over the surface with heat. The crack will still be on the inside and will work its way through to the outside again. This will be caused by the pressure cycling as the water heats and cools on each journey. Repair may last a day or a year but it will fail.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.