Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week I happened to use the remote fob when the boot was open on my Aero closing the doors.I immediately used it again to unlock the doors and this caused a hihg pitch sound to come from the dashboard.I disconneced the battery which did not stop it.I assume it may have been a relay sticking on the alarm system.Turners Hill Saab had no idea as to the problem.I drove the car home about 35 miles & happened to go over a break in the road surface which jolted the car and the noise stopped and no problems since.Has anybody else experienced this problem or have an idea as to the cause.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Hi there,

Do you have anything above standard security fitted? I ask as I understand that Saab security is accessible by taking the lid off of the dashboard so it's probably fair to confirm that it must be security related.

As to what was making the racket, who knows? Perhaps hitting the fob the second time caused the system to become somewhat confused? Battery backup of the system prevents any sound from dying when you disconnect the main battery so that sounds to me to be right.

HTH
Mally.

·
Registered
300 Posts
hiya,

was the high pitch sound loud or just high pitched? Did it continue with the battery disconnected, or did you mean after reconnection it was still there?

If not loud like an alarm, and it didn't continue while battery was disconnected...

do you have the automatic aircon setup with the air inlet/sensor in the dash? the motor it that eventually gets dirty, sometimes squeals back and forth. you can clean it to a degree. if this is it, pull the unit out of the dash use a soft brush don't break the element - computer air cleaner in a can works well.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The noise was high pitch but not like the alarm.The battery was disconnected and it did not make any difference as the noise continued. It was uncomfortable when driving and could be heard above the radio.It was not anything to do with the aircon.I belive it may have been a solenoid which was stuck and going over the bump freed it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.