Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the car is a 93' 9000CD 2.0LPT, the pass side wont work!, I changed bulbs but to no avail.
I thought there may have been a fuse in the glove box, but nope!.
Is it basically a dodgy wire/s somewhere, or auto spark time, anyone know?.

Stu

·
Registered
444 Posts
Stu

I have just had exactly the same problem on mine.
In the engine bay there is a fuse box, first check the fuses in there. If all OK, there is a large red relay with 6 pins..check all the contacts are clean on it and on the base. Next to that is an orange relay..check all contacts are ok here too.
I was sure it was the red relay so bought one from a scrapper(£10, approx £45 from saab new). Light still did not work so i undid the torx screw in the fuse box base and lifted the base out. After wiggling all of the wires on the base of the orange relay the lights worked ok and have been fine since. Guess it was just a dodgy connection.

HTH
Ant

·
Registered
135 Posts
I too have had exactly the same problem (LH side high beam not working, started as intermittent, then became permanent) on my MY93 2.3T. I have posted messages on this elsewhere, including this forum (I think). Anyway, on Tuesday a Saab friend with more technical savvy than me discovered that it was either the relay, as described above, or the connections to it. He wiggled the thing backwards and forwards until the lights worked. So far the lights are still working.

Not so much luck with the interior light though. (See elsewhere on these pages.)

Maybe there's something with MY93 relays?

Cheers,

Harry

·
Registered
29 Posts
I had problems with a high beam relay. Wiggling the relay would get the high beam working again for a time. Eventually I took the casing off the relay and found that a soldered junction between the circuit board and a connector pin was broken. Resoldering the joint fixed the problem.

Jonathan

·
Registered
276 Posts
The exact same thing happens with the LH headlight on my M95 Aero and wiggling the relay seems to be the short term cure. Will have to have a closer look at the relay over the weekend...

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi guy's......I know this is a bit of while ago now but thats me just getting round to it.
Iv'e been doing other things and tbo forgot about it.
I'll try this relay in the engine bay, but if that fails, well!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts