Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, Im a car design student looking for people who own or have owned Saabs in the past to answer a few questions if they can. My design project is based on extensive research where I am rebranding Saab from designing their product line up to their dealer experience. You can choose to answer these questions or maybe just share any insight that you have about the Saab brand. I'm currently in the research phase so any information would be incredibly helpful.

What is your current vehicle and how long have you owned it?
have you owned previous Saab vehicles?
How important is Saab's born from jets heritage to you?
Were there any type of cars that you wished existed in Saabs product line up?
What was your Saab Dealership experience like? (purchasing or service)
What are the elements of Saab that you find iconic? (ex. Ignition or engine start/stop on the transmission tunnel)

and the fun question - If you could imagine a Saab halo car what would it be? (this can be anything I'm not looking for any answers in specific.)

Thanks in advance, this has been a long process and information directly from Saab owners is the first step towards me designing the right vehicle as well as configuring the right product line-up, advertising, and dealership experience.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I have a saab 9000 Aero, owned it now for 18 months
havent previously had a saab
the born from jets heritage means nothing to me
a hot hatch would be quite novel, the 99 turbo which saab grew their following through was sort of hot hatch-ish. a car along the lines of the volvo c30 T5 would be good.
not had much experience with the saab dealer as it closed when saab went under, they were good when they were open, the staff seemed to care about cars and would chat about the car you had and their favourites ect.
the most iconic thing about saab for me is turbo charging

saab halo car for me would be a back to basics kind of car to build their following again, either a small saloon or hatchback, turbo-charged of course, but with their own engines again - not the GM carp they got towards the end, back to the b234 or b235, probably with 4 wheel drive, make a car which can be easily tweaked for more power much like many older saabs. and they would need to price that around the £25k mark to tempt people away from their bmw's and audi's but it would have the quality associated with the older models and would need to bear the "Aero" badge, probably with around 220 bhp mark but with easy gains to be had.

·
Premium Member
7,086 Posts
2008 ttid 180 since 2010
no..........but dad had 900t years ago
not important......... unless they were to put jet engine in my car
maybe corsa/astra sized models for a wider spectrum in the market
didnt buy from dealer and in trade so service my own
well known for there early turbo powered cars
halo........to build on the past being well known for there turbo and produce/advance a market leader in turbo power..........if when/they come back..........believe they are and thinking of electric power

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.