Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick HI! as I just bought a 1986© 9000t16 (silver, 169000m, couple of simple things to fix, £320 suit you sir! )

I look forward to gaining some 9000 knowledge!!

John.

---------
'80 900GLE
'85 900t16
'83 99GL
'86 9000t16

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi guys,
thanks for the offer Mutungi but I need to keep this thing pretty stock (apart from maybe a front spoiler?) due to budget/insurance etc.

As for the niggles, major one is the dash panel lights, total darkness is the order of the day so far. Checked fuses and most bulbs but no joy, pictogram and EDU are working so its just the dash illumination thats beaten me.
Any suggestions?

Apart from that, the sunroof needs freeing as it's stuck and the drivers seat height adjuster arm fell apart during the test drive. Nothing problematic there and it also gives me something to do or i'd get bored.

Have to confess to enjoying having a turbo again, even though its not a 900 Aero! (sorry lad's)

John.

----------
'80 900GLE
'85 900t16
'83 99GL
'86 9000t16

·
Registered
11,343 Posts
As for the niggles, major one is the dash panel lights, total darkness is the order of the day so far. Checked fuses and most bulbs but no joy, pictogram and EDU are working so its just the dash illumination thats beaten me.
Any suggestions?[/b]
I had the same problem on my 1985 9000i that I had this time last year. Total darkness from the dash - IIRC look down to right behind steering wheel and move the rheostat dial up - that's all it was on mine - instant illumination. I suspect the previous owner thought all the dash lights had gone when all it was was the rheostat

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
Yep, seems a common thing to hit accidentally while cleaning a 9000 ready for sale. Sussed this immediately the day I picked up my Aero from the dealer, but it didn't occur to me until I'd driven home from Brum to Hemel in the dark that the reason the headlamps were so poor was that they'd hit the headlamp level control too...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.