Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

as my Viggen is going to stay at Heuschmid a few more weeks (Saab and Mahle coulnd´t deliver the parts so far, and it looks like I´m replacing the intercooler and the turbo as well...), Mr Heuschmid gave me one of his cars to drive around ...

It is a very nice 1991 Saab 9000i in red, with huge Heuschmid decals. It has just 186.000 km, and it drives like new. I will ask him what he did to the gearbox, because it shifts so much nicer than my Viggen gearbox or that of my father´s 1997 Saab 9000.

The chassis is very nice, lowered, wider and the car sticks to the road like a go-kart. Steering is very nice as well. I guess this chap really knows what he´s doing.

The engine, according to him, is a stock naturally aspirated 2.3i 16v - but acceleration is nice and I reached 210 km/h on the Autobahn without problems.

I would love to give this car a few laps on the ring ... its a pity the ring is closed this time of the year!

Yours,

Philip

·
Registered
762 Posts
Hi Phillip,

someone else has got Heuschmid Tuning parts

I have a 1987 Classic 900 8v Turbo with Heuschmid Camshaft fitted, part of their HS1 kit....
thanks too Chris

Its going on a Rolling Road at the end of next month to see what she makes

hope all goes well with your mods , Paul

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
The 2.3i 16v is a very underrated engine - every time I drive or am a passenger in one I'm impressed, particularly with the bottom end.

Enjoy the car - and enjoy yours even more when it comes back

Cheers

James

1 - 3 of 3 Posts