Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 2000 9-3 se has developed over the last month a hesitation/power loss/bucking @ wot over about 3k rpm.
start-up/idle/cruising/mpg/even revving up to red-line(albeit @ half or less throttle) all seem normal.
i have checked hoses, air box, cleaned maf sensor and throttle body, and installed new plugs(ngk pfr 7h-10).
the car seemed to pull harder for a few hours after cleaning the maf sensor...to buy a new one or not...
maybe an issue w/ boost control, turbo itself? i'm getting over my head, hehehe.

has anyone experienced similar issues?

any comments or suggestions would be very welcomed...

thanks much, jeff

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thx 4 comments!

i'm going to order a new maf sensor 1st. is it really worth spending 3x's 4 a genuine (oem) part?
i'll be sure to get back on w/ results...
-jeff

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
just returned from long drive w/ new maf sensor and everything i mentioned in 1st post seems to be sorted out. the new di-cassette i ordered will be trunked for future maintenance/insurance...
thanks for the replys!
i will respond if anything pops...

thx all, jeff

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
After about a year (not driving in winter) of so-so turbo performance, I did a bunch of reading and decided to clean out my bpc valve. well, night and day! i've got my performance back. wot has zero hesitation and its very smooth......

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi there

I would first change the fuel filter as this is normally the cheapest piece to replace & often is the most neglected. A blocked fuel filter will cause hesitation due to poor fuel pressure, particularly if the tank has been allowed to run low repeatedly.

Good luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts