Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
93MY CSE 2.0 eco with standard "Saab Audio" plus single CD unit.

Have had the battery disconnected for approx 36hrs and have to enter radio code now.

Display shows "CODE" and I have a 5 digit code. Display changes to "IN" when I press the first digit until 5 digits are entered when it reverts back to "CODE"

I know the code is correct. What is the logic behind it. Do I need to have ignition on? The book is a bit vague ..says if 3 attempts are made then the unit should be left on for 1 hr before trying again.

If I leave it for 1 hr do I need to switch off and on again before I start? If incorrectly input does the wait period multiply to 2hrs etc. Should I pull the fuses?

Any help would be appreciated. I went to local SAAB dealer Sat morning however could only find a non-techy salesman who was no help

Deebel

·
Registered
354 Posts
It sounds strange to me.

When I have to enter the code, I have the ignition partly on (first twist of the key ) otherwise the radio doesn't work. On turning it on , it comes up with "code" and I just then enter the 4 digits and it works. I have the same system as you.

JuliAN

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
JD

I wonder if it is the same manufacturer? You say that your radio does not work unless the ignition 1st position is on - also you mention 4 digits. My radio has power whether ign is on or off also code is 5 digits.

Have pulled both fuses which are marked radio and will leave it for a while.........

Deebel

·
Registered
354 Posts
deebel

Mine is the one with the removable square section containing 9 buttons being the pre sets, the rewind, forward and wave band button. Its standard on my 96 Aero and I think its a Clarion?

·
Registered
16,524 Posts
I don't know your radio at all, but if it has a removable front, are all the contacts clean and straight? An old radio of mine had display problems (dimming et.) as well as intermittently asking for the code. All was well after I clean the contacts with the aerosol spray contact cleaner and straightened them up a bit.

Not sure about this, but does the detachable bit have a small battery to retain the settings. I think some radios do. If this has failed it would cause problems.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.