Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For a few weeks now, when you accelerate there’s like a siren type of noise until the turbo whines and the whine sounds like a drill. Took it to a mechanic and they couldn’t figure out anything as there’s no check engine light and very minor if any performance issues. When you floor the pedal, there’s a slight hesitation then full power, and higher gas consumption

·
Registered
5 Posts
Check watergate and actuator. Also check for leaks in air hoses to and from turbo to intercooler and etc. hope not the turbo, do you use synthetic oil?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Check watergate and actuator. Also check for leaks in air hoses to and from turbo to intercooler and etc. hope not the turbo, do you use synthetic oil?
Went to a dealership and they said there’s oil in the turbo. They’re talking about around $2600 to replace. Was going to see other options first

·
Registered
5 Posts
Buy a used Saab oem turbo for $200 and bolt it on. Make sure and clean the oil feed line and prime with oil. Use synthetic oil. Rebuilt stock turbo is about $600. Cheep turbos new on Amazon and etc are around $200 but are junk.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got a turbo and was trying to find a tutorial. Any suggestions? I’ve only found a few videos

·
Registered
Saab 9-3 ttid
19 Posts
I got a turbo and was trying to find a tutorial. Any suggestions? I’ve only found a few videos

Type 'saab online wis' into a search engine, you should find the step-by-step instructions and pictures.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts