Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So 2 weeks ago I re-entered the Saab ownership world, Buying a 93 year 2001 2.2TID, within the first week the clutch slave cylinder died, That done and less than a week after that, The car has died!, This afternoon I was using WD40 on the locks, door light switches and squeaky clutch pedal all seemed OK, At 5.30 I parked up, At 6.30 I unlocked the car using the fob, No issues there! BUT when I inserted the key into the ignition, I can no longer turn the key, Its as if it is a completely different key, But it isnt! after 15-30min the key fob does not activate anything (lock or unlock) Nothing, I put a battery in the fob from another car thats new but this Saab does not want to wake up, It wont unlock, lock flash any lights - nothing, reading around the forums was suggesting disconnect the battery for 10mins, done that and still nothing, So the fob buttons dont do anything and I still cant turn the ignition key, Anyone had this issue before? <<< I also will add (don't know if relevant) That I pulled the fuse out for the electric aerial yesterday because it wasnt working correctly and making a "cog noise" all the time>>>

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was the key and barrel, even though the key wont well didnt until i gently wiggled it side to side and up and down a fraction, the key could then be turned, there is defo a pin or two problem here that isnt allowing it to turn, As for the unlock/lock

I found that what ever has caused the jamming is also not letting the whole key assembly to rise when the key was removed, thus not switching off the circuit that says the key isnt there, Another gentle knocking and the key hole assembly bit sprung up, The second it did, The key fob worked perfectly.

I've got to the point of removing the offending pin in the key barrel, One more obstacle of separating the actual key pins from the barrel assembly and then this little pin or two will be out of there.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
IM IN THE UK!
It was the key and barrel, even though the key wont well didnt until i gently wiggled it side to side and up and down a fraction, the key could then be turned, there is defo a pin or two problem here that isnt allowing it to turn, The car would start after a few seconds of nothing but the SID displayed something like "Incorrect key" anyway I ignored that and managed to drive it fine, So the security looping bit was OK, I managed to reprogram the Unlock/Lock sequence without a Tech2, Once the barrel sprung upto its correct location when the key was removed, The remote lock/unlock works fine now! Basically the ignition key barrel is screwed, Im at the stage where I have taken it all out and Im trying to seperate the last section so I can get the offending pins out!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts