Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The car is a 1992 9000 CSE 2.3T DI with ACC.
The radiator fan is on at all times with the engine running or not, even when the key is out of the ignition, and the only way to stop it running is to remove the fuse.
All electrical connections seem to be fine, and all fuses are sound.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated in helping me solve this problem.

Angus M Smith
Isle of Skye
SCOTLAND

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi Angus,

Lovely part of the world - but I bet fuel prices are horrendous.

In answer to your question, I can only think it'll be either the relay ("above" the fuses - you have to slide the glovebox out and drop the hinged tray that holds the relays to get to them) or a temperature sensor. Alas I don't know enough to be sure of my answer, but I'll look into it, or find a man who knows what he's talking about!

Phil.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
I'm the man who Phil thinks that I know what I'm talking about, I'm not so sure as Phil.

As Phil says it could be the relay. If I remember rightly on your car it's not behind the glove box but in the auxilliary fusebox in the engine compartment along with the headlight relays and fuses near the front N/S. The temperature switch is on the radiator at the O/S bottom, in front of the turbo and below the ACC compressor. You could disconnect the wires (they are spade connectors) and see if the fan stops - don't attempt this with the engine running or if it is hot. If the fan stops it is the switch which is duff.
Unfortunately the ACC also operates the fan under certain conditions but I don't have the details of that so I'd be guessing there

1 - 3 of 3 Posts