Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
can someone please tell me how to get the rear butterfly bush out. I have unbolted the drop link, removed the plate which fastens the butterfly in situ and removed the nut of the end of the butterfly spindle.
My problem is that i cannot get the Track control arm to drop enough to allow the butterfly to slide out. I dont want to strain anything but as Bill J says it can be done in about 20 minutes i am obviously missing something.
What else do i need to undo as i dont want to disturb the front bushes, they are fine.
On with the car right now so help would be very much appreciated.
Thanks Darryl

·
Registered
561 Posts
I presume you've removed the small plate that connects the buch bolts with the floor - at the rear of the TCA - 4 bolts.

I think the solution is to slacken the 2 bolts for the front bush as far as you can without letting them come out of their holes. If they do fall out, getting them back in is not that easy. Anyway, with these bolts slakened off, the TCA then can twist to lower the back end enough to let the butterfly bush slide off.

·
Registered
561 Posts
I presume you've removed the small plate that connects the bush bolts with the floor - at the rear of the TCA - 4 bolts.

I think the solution is to slacken the 2 bolts for the front bush as far as you can without letting them come out of their holes. If they do fall out, getting them back in is not that easy. Anyway, with these bolts slakened off, the TCA then can twist to lower the back end enough to let the butterfly bush slide off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.