Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night I cleaned up the AIC and the throttle housing, but had a bit of a problem.

The pipe that goes from the turbo side of the throttle butterfly to the AIC is clamped to a 2" piece of ~15mm copper tube, which looks like it was pressed into the alloy throttle body. The rubber pipe was good and stuck to the copper, and in the process of removal the copper piece came out of the throttle housing.

I tapped it back in but it keeps blowing out under boost.

Any ideas how I can refit it properly??

Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wondered about Araldite - someone at work suggested Chemical Metal. I went to Halfords where they had loads of variations on this theme and settled for something called "Kwik Weld" from the USA Let's see if it holds...

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, the "Kwik Weld" is holding But when I overtook a truck yesterday, the small vacuum hose that connects to the inlet manifold/everything blew out, losing the rubber gromit in the process! New set of gromits all round, I think...

I hope its just cos I fixed the vac leak and so the top boost pressure is higher, finding the weak points.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.